QQ Chat for Years

Hello. I have been using QQ chat for years.  Maybe for over 10 years.  I have not been able to access it for about 3 weeks. I need some help with QQ Chat International app updating.  When I try to bring up the app , I can not sign in.  I get a message that qq needs to be updated, that my app is too old. Fault says. "The current version is too backward. please upgrade to the latest version.  (Error: 0x00000020)." I tried logging in with a different account, Doesn't work.  I cant figure out how to update QQ.  I tried downloading the QQ international app via CNET on to my new laptop.   I thought it would be secured.  I get the log in cube. No luck logging in. Same message.  "The current version is too backward. please upgrade to the latest version.  (Error: 0x00000020)." I tried to find a way into the site so I could do an update.  No luck.

Has anyone tried using QQ recently/  Does it work?  Anyone know of a good site for downloading QQ?  I have tried to directly downloading from QQ, the Chinese version but it is in Chinese.  Any help or suggetion would be much appreciated.  Thanks Danb

https://im.qq.com/download

IM, I guess stands for International Market.

Or at the Play Store

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tencent.mobileqq

Or apkmirror

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/tencent-technology-shenzhen-company-ltd/qq-international-chat-call/qq-international-chat-call-6-0-3-release/qq-international-chat-call-6-0-3-android-apk-download/

It looks like you have your choice of 6 languages, but my guess is that you'll have to wade through enough Chinese to get to that point.

Use the camera function on your Google translate app.

Languages

German/Deutsch (de), Spanish/español (es), French/français (fr), Japanese/日本語 (ja), Korean/한국어 (ko), Chinese/中文 (zh)

Yeah you may be on your own here. Good luck. Try Googling "imqq english version download"

or just stick with WeChat.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Thank you for the replies and the links.  I have been trying things but so far no luck.  I will try the links   above.  Hopefully something will work.

It is odd.  I have a place to log in on computer but I have qq on my mobile but no place, a log in box on my phone,  Have good day.

5 hours ago, danb said:

Thank you for the replies and the links.  I have been trying things but so far no luck.  I will try the links   above.  Hopefully something will work.

It is odd.  I have a place to log in on computer but I have qq on my mobile but no place, a log in box on my phone,  Have good day.

My last post was kind of a "train of thought" post. I haven't bothered with QQ in a long time, either.

The QQ International link may be the one you need, but it is for Windows only. The QQ for Android has only the 6 languages mentioned above (apparently no English version).

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,  I downloaded QQ from one of links above.  Actually I downloaded QQ from another source also.  I downloaded to a new computer.  Well they both have problem.  The IM one from above gets me to a Chinese site.  I am at the point of logging in. I was up to 4 in the morning.  Tired.  I will continue on later tonite.  I may have some problems with the Chinese.  Recently I have been trying to use Google lens.  I am having better luck with it.  It seems to be working most of the time.  But sometimes when the characters are not printed but rather more of a "flowing" style it doesn't work a well. Yesterday I was try to log in to one of the qq site, maybe it was for the qq email.  There was a security test.  It wanted me make a sentence out of 4 "flowing" characters scatter around the page.  It didn't work so well. Other times it work pretty good.  I am having someone help me to see if there is a language package on that IM qq site.  I hope I can get it working.  Have a great weekend.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, danb said:

Hello,  I downloaded QQ from one of links above.  Actually I downloaded QQ from another source also.  I downloaded to a new computer.  Well they both have problem.  The IM one from above gets me to a Chinese site.  I am at the point of logging in. I was up to 4 in the morning.  Tired.  I will continue on later tonite.  I may have some problems with the Chinese.  Recently I have been trying to use Google lens.  I am having better luck with it.  It seems to be working most of the time.  But sometimes when the characters are not printed but rather more of a "flowing" style it doesn't work a well. Yesterday I was try to log in to one of the qq site, maybe it was for the qq email.  There was a security test.  It wanted me make a sentence out of 4 "flowing" characters scatter around the page.  It didn't work so well. Other times it work pretty good.  I am having someone help me to see if there is a language package on that IM qq site.  I hope I can get it working.  Have a great weekend.

I think that the only English version is at the QQ International site - I'm pretty sure that's what I used to use on my Windows computer.

But it's for Windows only.

The TenCent QQ  app only supports the six languages - German/Deutsch (de), Spanish/español (es), French/français (fr), Japanese/日本語 (ja), Korean/한국어 (ko), Chinese/中文 (zh).

Let us know if you do find a language pack for it.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)