What happened to our P3?

Hello Everyone,

It has now been, what seems to be forever, sense GZ told me in an Email dated Mar 29, that my wife's P3 was mailed to her on Mar, 22. My wife has been looking for it to reach her mail box ever sense. NOTHING! :angry: :angry: :angry:

I have sent my second email last night (after no response from one I sent Apr 2) asking them to please look into this and let me know if there is anything I can do to help find it. I'm hoping they will contact me this time.

I tried to call GZ but could not get past the recording. :( Is there another number or am I just pushing the wrong buttons when I call GZ.

By this time, I'm sure a few of you can understand the frustration my wife and I are going through. Any assistance will greatly be appreciated!

Thanks!

Bryan

Yea, She and I completed the I-129F together while I was with her. I even doubled checked (I have a copy in my file cabinet) to make sure everything was where it was to be.

The funny thing is that Se_Lang's fiance lives in the same community and is almost my wife's next door neighbor, and she received her P3 just pver a week ago. Our I-129F left for GZ only a few days apart. So go figure.

Thanks for your input.

Bryan

Bryan,

One thing you can do is download the forms that you are supposed to return with the P3, fill them out and send them back.

I believe that is what Robhon did.

Somewhere someone has said what to return (I believe the DS-230 and the OF-169, and maybe something else too).

After you get your P3 sent back, take some time to figure out what you are missing. I believe that the K1 sends a small P3 and large P4 (more forms), while the K3 is the opposite with most of the forms with the P3.

----- Clifford ------

I would have to agree with Clifford get the forms filed out and sent in there is no magic form in the packet you need to have just the same items as in the links and resource folder. So get them filled out and mailed to her or if she can do it have her download and fill out by hand. Just hurry otherwise we won't be flying at same time to get our women.

Bryan,

One thing you can do is download the forms that you are supposed to return with the P3, fill them out and send them back.

I believe that is what Robhon did.

Somewhere someone has said what to return (I believe the DS-230 and the OF-169, and maybe something else too).  

After you get your P3 sent back, take some time to figure out what you are missing.  I believe that the K1 sends a small P3 and large P4 (more forms), while the K3 is the opposite with most of the forms with the P3.

----- Clifford ------

I have already started to do this. I have completed everything I can and told my wife once she gets these from me we will talk on the phone and fix any mistakes. I am hoping that by that time GZ has solved there problem, ah,.. yea..... rrriight! <_<

At any rate, if anyone has a good PDF copy (Not JPG) of the OF-169 please email it to me or tell me where I can find it.

Also I don't understand how GZ could get the address wrong in Chinese if it's correct on the I-129F. The copies of the I-129F I sent are correct.

Bryan

• 2 weeks later...

A Little Update on our P3!

I have now emailed GZ 3x and I have found a little useful bit of trickery. It seems that when you select the word "OTHER" in the subject area of the GZ email form, you can forget about ever getting a reply. My 3rd email, sent 4/20 received a reply in 24 hours when I used one of the other subjects and not "OTHER" like I did for 2 emails prior. The only problem with this reply is, I got the same canned reply as everyone else has when having trouble getting delivery of the P3 packet after GZ said then sent it.

Dear Bryan,

Thanks for your email.  We presume the instruction packet had got lost

on

its way to your wife.  Please tell us Ms. Gou's mailing address in

Chinese

characters so that we can send her a duplicate packet.  Our fax number

is 86

20 8121 8341.

My next questions is ....... When does GZ actually connect the FAX machine and set it up to answer in-coming FAX calls? I have tried several times and all I get is the phone rings continuously. :unsure:

This keeps up, I wont have any hair left to turn Grey. I will have done pulled it ALL out!!!!!! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_2_204.gif

Bryan

Thanks Frank!

I think I'll see if I can do just that. Did GZ reply and let you know they had sent the P3? Again?

Bryan

Yes. Here's the correspondence.

Me - 11/15:

I am writing to confirm that you have re-sent the instruction packet

(Packet 3) to my fiancee, ****** Jingwen, GUZ ********

On 3 November 2003, you informed me that you had sent my fiancee

instructions and forms for her interview. When she did not receive this

information, I contacted the consulate and was then asked to supply her

address in Chinese. This is I did via email and fax.

Unfortunately, she has still not received any correspondence from the

consulate.

Would you please confirm that you have re-sent this information to her

and advise me of the date of mailing. If the instruction packet has

not been re-sent, I ask that it be re-sent at your earliest convenience.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

Frank *********

GZ - 11/17:

Dear Mr. Frank ********,

Thank you for your email, regarding the application of Ms.*******.

As what was said in the previous email, please provide us Ms. ******'s

current address in Chinese character via email. Then we will resend the

packet.

Best regards.

IV SECTION

Me - 11/17:

As requested, here is Ms. *****'s address in Chinese characters.

[name and address in Chinese characters]

Would you please confirm that you have sent the instruction packet for

Ms. **** and her two children.

Thank you.

Frank *****

GZ- 11/18:

Dear Mr. Frank *******,

Thank you for your email.

We have resent the instruction packet on 11/18/03. Please fill out the

forms

in the packet and send them back to us.

Best regards.

IV SECTION

Good News! I sent a new email to GZ yesterday and told them I was unable to FAX because for some reason, their FAX machine was not answering any calls. So I gave them my wife's address in pinyin and also her phone number.

GZ called my wife today and told her that they would send a new P3 to her today. They also told her she should receive it in about 3 to 4 days.

I am happy, My wife is happy, My heart can start to beat again! :ph34r: :redblob: :greenblob: :redblob: :D :lol: :rolleyes: B)

Bryan