Mark,

You should fill out essentially all lines in the form.

There are a few places where the INS likes to be picky.

On one of the forms (I-129F or G325a), it says:

"Names of previous spouses, if none so state".... If this is your first marriage, you MUST write "none". Your app can get rejected if you fill in N/A ( :angry: happened to me :angry: )

Apparently the same is true for job experience (applies to younger couples).

Many people recommend always using "None" rather than N/A (or putting both on the lines). As a general rule, if there is any way that "Not Applicable" could be considered as ambiguous, use "NONE" instead.

Good Luck,

---- Clifford -----

I think where some of the problems arise with N/A is that it is also used as an abreviation for not available. I would always use "none" As not available, usually brings a response of "why?"

jimb

I think where some of the problems arise with N/A is that it is also used as an abreviation for not available. I would always use "none"  As not available,  usually brings a response of "why?"

jimb

N/A is Not Applicable (Does not apply).

I.E.

For those of us that have never been married,

Names of previous wives --> Not Applicable.

The problem arises that you could also have been previously married, and consider it none of the INS's business (and thus Not Applicable).

I try to avoid using "none" or "N/A" as much as possible. I try to answer the questions using plain English. For previous marriages, I could have put none or N/A, but instead, I simply wrote "No previous marriages". It's pretty hard for them to argue with that. Of all the times one can skimp on time and effort, I don't these dadburn gubment forms are a place to do it!