Packages to China resumed

Well, okay! That's something!

Welcome back!

I ship stuff to myself once in a while. Just not that often that I've noticed a problem. Every time I get a new credit card.

I guess the last time was last April

The big boys have "Chinese partners" that they relay stuff along to to get to 4th tier cities like Yulin.

I used DHL once to send a package to myself. It was handed off to a "Chinese carrier in Guangzhou - no further tracking information will be provided." (the package DID manage to make it here).

EMS is the ONLY carrier that will deliver to ANY door in China, and provide Anerican door-to-Chinese door tracking, AND can arrange delivery by a phone call.

USPS Postal Express International, or Priority Mail International hook up with the International (including China) EMS consortium.

But, of course, not needed if FedEx, UPS, or DHL deliver to your destination.

After a major fiasco with USPS International Priority (FedEx) I stick with USPS Priority. The tracking information has gotten so much better over the years. When we first began leaving the US was the last I heard about it, now I am getting tracking updates at every step and just waiting to hear it left customs.  My nephew's wife is getting very impatient waiting for my wife's hand me downs.

• Like 1

Yes - and that continues through the China Post EMS tracking, although I've had trouble getting their "Prove you're not a robot" test to work lately.

My wife simply calls them on their China phone number - seems like they just bring the package to her while she's still on the phone.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)