IR1 DENIED at POE (Visa Journey topic)

This was posted on VJ about an overly vengeful Immigrations Officer, who told her she could "enter as a visitor but her file was flagged and she needed to provide proof she had resigned from her job and terminated her lease before April 17 if she expects to enter on the IR1."

The details of the rejection are unclear, but I'll leave the (so far 7 page) discussion to VJ.

IR1 Visa Denied at POE

Steve on VJ said:

I guess my wife and I screwed up. Long story short we have been married for 11.5 years and I attempted to go to Canada first but time and life goes by.... We started the process for my wife in January 2020. things were finalized November 2021 she had her IR1 Visa in her passport with an expiration date of April 17. 

She arrived at the Thousand Island POE with her Visa and Passport in hand but things went awry.  Basically the agent ultimately told her she could enter as a visitor but her file was flagged and she needed to provide proof she had resigned from her job and terminated her lease before April 17 if she expects to enter on the IR1

My question is , has anyone experienced what the process is if the IR1 Visa holder does not enter prior to expiration date?

My apologies if the above is in the wrong place/incoherent/ or otherwise offensive to anyone. My thoughts are still trying to process what happened why and what we do from here.

Thank You 

Steve

My understanding of IR1 processing is that it is perfectly acceptable to be processed at the POE and the green card issued, even if the immigrant intends to immediately return to their home country.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)