You, TOO, can get into China!

SPOILER ALERT: The process may just be a little intimidating.

from Going2China on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/going2china/posts/4593909460737389/

entering China.jpg

Writing my experience entering China.

• Registered a company in China on Oct 2021.
  • Issued myself a work permit on Nov 20th 2021.
  • Didn't go for PU letter.
  • Flew from Malaysia to Oman on Dec 13th 2021.
  • Applied for Z visa in the Chinese Embassy in Oman on Dec 15th 2021.
  • Got the Z visa on Dec 22nd, 2021.
    Direct flights to China
    Economy: 35k RMB - Business: 46k RMB
    Should have a residence permit in Oman.
    (Direct flights in Asian regions are managed by Chinese companies and the airline itself cannot sell tickets - To get to those agents just contact the embassy)

Then it got complicated as I don't have residence permit in Oman and I started to give up. There is no way to book a flight from the above mentioned agents without a residence ID.

• Registered another company in Oman
  • Issued myself an investor ID and that works as residence permit
  • Cost for this only is 3300 OMR ~ $8500
  • Received the ID on Jan5th, 2022

Before you get on board, you'll be asked to do IGG, IGM, and PCR tests 48 hours before boarding. If okay you'll get the final e-ticket and with that you will apply for the green code.

My advice to those with work permit who cannot get PU letter;

• Chinese embassies in the following countries don't require PU letter;
    Oman, Lebanon, and Saudi Arabia
  • If you have a work permit, fly to one of those countries to process your visa.
  • And with your visa you have 3 months until you get to China. Fly back to your country and from there apply for the green code and fly to China. (plz check with the Chinese embassy in your region if they can provide green code for visas issued in other countries).

My advice to those willing to enter China during this turmoil is to wait and look for other chances to connect Chinese markets with those of your region and start a project on your own. The total cost I've paid so far is nearby 19k USD including Chinese company registration. I would've used that money somewhere else but I must be here to supervise my own projects and that's why. From what I've seen from local regulations and precautions, China will not open its boarders before 2023 or 2024 (and that's my own estimation and could be wrong).

Internet has enabled a lot of chances, just use it right and start your business virtually. China will be open for foreigners again and that only takes time.

Peace
Saif
wx: saif-ye

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)