Getting an exemption from the 14 day quarantine for Chinese nationals coming to the US

lhp

Hi everyone, long time no see. The Mrs and I (now with two sons) have been in the states almost seven years now. We are hoping to get my mother in law over to lend a hand, but are also hoping to have her avoid the 14 day quarantine in another country. 

Biden has removed the quarantine requirement as of November, but my MIL doesn’t have a COVID vaccine that’s approved by the WHO so at that point she won’t be able to enter at all until her vax gets ok’d…so we (or at least I) are looking to get her over asap. 

we’ve heard from some Chinese friends that they were able to get the quarantined waived by applying for a National Interest Exemption. Anyone here applied for one for a SO or in-law?

This is from the U.S. Austrian embassy - National Interest Exceptions for Travel to the United States during COVID-19 restrictions

New U.S. Travel Policy Coming Soon

As announced by the White House on September 20, beginning in early November, all adult foreign nationals traveling to the United States by air must demonstrate proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. This will end the need for National Interest Exceptions (NIE).  The exact date and details of the new policy have not yet been announced. Until then, the Presidential Proclamation suspending travel from the Schengen Zone remains in force. We are awaiting guidance before authorizing any changes, tourist visa appointments, or reconsideration of visa and NIE applications that were suspended due to COVID travel restrictions.  Full details of the new travel policy will be posted on our Embassy homepage as soon as they become available.