ustraveldocs.com interview scheduling

15 minutes ago, Barfus said:

Definitely not, although it's a roll of the dice - whoever has the highest total weight gets ALL the packages. When we went to pick up my wife's package, the poor older lady's garage was stuffed to the brim with boxes, and she had to coordinate/arrange 17 pick ups with the other recipients.  My wife's 40lbs box was the 3rd lightest of the 17... it's really, really cheap, but somewhat risky. I put the kibosh on this going forward.

There's also the customs risk - a bit like picking up a stranger's bag to carry it through customs.

Excess baggage services are there for a reason, and declaring your own stuff as "excess baggage" helps get it through customs, as I found out when I picked my shipment up at the Nanning airport. The customs agent was sniffing some of the pills that had spilled out in transit, and admonished me for not declaring it as "excess baggage", but no problem!

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)
9 hours ago, Barfus said:

Congrats on the quick processing! Most airlines will give you a small carry on luggage (30lbs) and two checked bags @50lbs each. See how much each additional bag costs. If it's something reasonable ($50-150), use as much of that as you can. 

I arleady thought of this. I would be willing to pay 150 extra per bag, but the problem is that because of COVID, its looking like I cannot go to help my wife travel. She will be traveling alone with the baby, and she will not be able to handle extra luggage by herself. I understand on the stateside we can plan ahead for porters to help move luggage through US customers, but that Chinese airports do not offer this service.

1 hour ago, SeanC said:

I arleady thought of this. I would be willing to pay 150 extra per bag, but the problem is that because of COVID, its looking like I cannot go to help my wife travel. She will be traveling alone with the baby, and she will not be able to handle extra luggage by herself. I understand on the stateside we can plan ahead for porters to help move luggage through US customers, but that Chinese airports do not offer this service.

from the excess baggage company I gave a link to earlier - 

Whether you send bags from China to Europe, Africa, Asia or America, you have not to be stressed when shipping baggage because we handle everything from door-to-door.

WHAT IS UNACCOMPANIED BAGGAGE SHIPPING? THIS IS WHEN YOU SEND YOUR LUGGAGE AHEAD BEFORE YOU TRAVEL SO THAT YOU CAN TRAVEL LIGHT, WHILE STILL HAVING EVERYTHING YOU NEED WITH YOU AT YOUR DESTINATION. IT'S A GREAT OPTION FOR STUDENTS, PEOPLE MOVING ABROAD AND HOLIDAYMAKERS.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)