Some recent events in the states.

danb

Hello.  In the past few weeks there are been sad news about how some Asians are treated in the states.  They are sometimes treated very poorly.  Sometimes they are victims of very violent crimes.  There are some people who are predjucie against asians.  Some of these people's actions are blunt and opened and some are covet.   I don't know how prevalent it is but I know  it does exist.   The recent incidents have shed some light on this  problem. It is both sad and distrubing.  Especially distrurbing is the shooting outside of Atlanta and the violence perputrated against the older asian population.  

The asians killed in Georgia last week were mostly reported to be of Asian descent.  Probably of Korean descent.    It was a bit confusing.  Some of the names of the deceased posted sounded to be Chinese.  I found one of them was Chinese.  Her name was Xiao Jie Tan  She came from Nanning in 2008. Here is a link to article about her:

https://nypost.com/2021/03/27/atlanta-spa-owner-xiaojie-tan-remembered-for-kindness/

My condolences to her family.   Danb