New Member Signup Issues

I had thought everything was working correctly, and didn't see any problems or errors anywhere, including partially going through the procedure myself.

But then I noticed we haven't had a new member since

NEWEST MEMBER
shine
That was mostly because of the downtime from Sept. through Dec., but when I went through the signup procedure myself I found a couple of problems with the Captcha and the email verification. No errors showed up - it just never completed the sign up.

It seems to be working now, but if someone with a 2nd email would also go through the procedure and let me know how it goes, I'd appreciate it.

Ni Hao.  from Dannyboy21   using yahoo.  signed up.  had a slight problem with the security question.  sometimes I don't read, I assume.  but in the end it took all my replies BUT I think I was still getting rejection on the security question even when I did answer it correctly....BUT it still allowed me to register and make this post.  if you want u can delete my account and I can retry one more time.  Danb

1 hour ago, dannyboy21 said:

Ni Hao.  from Dannyboy21   using yahoo.  signed up.  had a slight problem with the security question.  sometimes I don't read, I assume.  but in the end it took all my replies BUT I think I was still getting rejection on the security question even when I did answer it correctly....BUT it still allowed me to register and make this post.  if you want u can delete my account and I can retry one more time.  Danb

Thanks, Dan. What answer did you try that was rejected? It should accept either China or Zhongguo. 

Previously, I had set it up to use the keyCaptcha "user must complete simple jigsaw puzzle" thing, but have now switched to the "user clicks a "I'm not a robot" checkbox". Sending emails for verification also failed, even though I didn't see any errors. That is now also fixed.

After 7 months with no new members, it's good to see a new one, even if it is just a new old member.