Removing Conditions

Hi everyone!

it’s been awhile since I’ve been on here, but I figured I’d jump on and get some advice.  My wife’s conditional green card will expire in July, so we’re about to start preparing for her application for removing conditions, which is the I-751 if remember correctly.

Do you all have any tips for this part of the process? Recommended evidence to provide? Or anything really?

Thanks for the help as always! You have helped my wife and I, and so many others in this confusing and complicated journey! Thank you!

We'll be filing the I751 early next year as well. From what I've gathered, it's pretty straightforward, and the more evidence you have the more likely you are to get an interview waiver (assuming you already had an interview in the US). We're loading ours up with the joint titles to our house and cars, kids' birth certificates, all joint back account showing recent joint transactions, joint insurance, and a lot of photos. Word on the street is it's taking 12-18 months to get the 10-year card 😡  some people have reported their extensions nearly running out.

Glad to hear it’s pretty straightforward! Bummer it’s taking so long, but ultimately I’m sure everything will be fine.

Have any of you all had to renew a driver’s license while you’ve received the extension but are still waiting for the official one? That’s one of my concerns as well

in terms of evidence, we have joint bank accounts, credit cards, and insurance. We do own a house, but I bought it before we got married. So, I’ve been lazy about adding her to it. Same goes for my car, but I think they’re both insured jointly.  I could put all of this in both of our names, before we send in our application in April, but I do worry about how that might look right before the deadline.  What do you all think?

Thanks again everyone!

Edited by homerjay1011 (see edit history)
40 minutes ago, homerjay1011 said:

Glad to hear it’s pretty straightforward! Bummer it’s taking so long, but ultimately I’m sure everything will be fine.

Have any of you all had to renew a driver’s license while you’ve received the extension but are still waiting for the official one? That’s one of my concerns as well

in terms of evidence, we have joint bank accounts, credit cards, and insurance. We do own a house, but I bought it before we got married. So, I’ve been lazy about adding her to it. Same goes for my car, but I think they’re both insured jointly.  I could put all of this in both of our names, before we send in our application in April, but I do worry about how that might look right before the deadline.  What do you all think?

Thanks again everyone!

They will be looking for ways to APPROVE your application, not to deny it. It's up to you to help them toward that end as much as you reasonably can.

Don't be concerned about what it will "look" like you are doing.

I'm sure you have enough evidence already. A little more won't hurt.

22 minutes ago, homerjay1011 said:

Thanks Randy! That makes me feel a lot better about going ahead and adding her to everything!

Be careful about adding her name to "premarital assets" - there could be major legal implications in the event of a separation/divorce. I'm sure you'll do fine, worst case scenario they call you in for an interview and see you're still married and happy (hopefully 😂 )

Edited by Barfus (see edit history)