Do the others know that this site is back?

danb

Hi Randy,  It is good to know that this site is back.  I knows that you made an email announcing that some form of this forum was back and running. Have you made an announcement that this format is back.  I lke this format.  I feel comfortable when using it.  Thank you to all that have help bring this site back on line.  Danb

PS, not sure where to post this.  Please move to a better spot if ther is one.

I sent emails out to pretty much everyone who had been on CFL since Jan. 2020 about the Adv_China forum. There are prominent announcements on that forum about this one (CFL_Classic), so I expect that they'll eventually work their way back here. Participation was already on the light side when it went down in August.

After a 3 month hiatus, we're not doing too shabbily.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hi Randy. It's the old Allon amongst other names. Took me a while to find the place. I rarely check the email addy you sent the notice to and spotted your message while doing an archive.

Site looks good. I will spread the word. Sorry my life has gotten really complicated lately with the pandemic and all kinds of s***. Will try and make it more often.

Erik

Edited by vikingr24
typo as usual (see edit history)
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, vikingr24 said:

Been trying to catch up some....

Noticed a response from Dan in April 2018. Is that part of the old database or have I been away too long? I am seeing dates going back 2018, 1019....whew. Time flies.....

Yes - this is the old classic CFL forum, upgraded to the latest IPB release, thanks to a rescue from Capt. Ewok of VJ.

The database is intact, minus only what was lost in the purge that occurred around 2010.

The upgrade process converted everything to html (BIG mistake in my book, but I'm sure they had their reasons). There are plenty of ugly artifacts remaining from this conversion, especially where it destroyed the Chinese characters. I was able to restore some of them from the Wayback Machine, but many old Chinese character posts are still garbled.