Welcome Back to CFL Classic

Randy W

CFL crashed back in late August, due to a HostGator server upgrade of their php software. Dan tried to upgrade the IPB board software to correspond, but it failed, probably due to us skipping so many intermediate upgrades. 

On Nov. 24, we created a new forum Adv_CFL at http://candleforlove.com/phpBB3/index.php. Adv_CFL is an entirely separate forum, using the same URL. For now, Adv_CFL will remain as is, but we will be migrating fully back to CFL Classic

Both databases seem to be 100% intact. For now, Adv_CFL contains posts made between  Nov. 24. and Dec. 16

We got a post from Captain Ewok of Visa Journey

Hi Randy. There is a chance we can help you get back in your feet. I was a big fan and pitched in to help the founder of this site back in the day. We have our own dedicated server and plenty of experience with IPB. From the look of things you may just need a server with a newer PHP version to upgrade. We could help with both.

As you can see, he came through with an excellent Christmas 2020 present

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Life has been extremely hectic over the past 10 months with a couple surgeries in the family, dealing with the pandemic, and more. Unfortunately, I have fallen out of my daily Candle check, but I am going to start getting back into it.

Came to the forum today to copy the links for this CFL Classic and the Adv_CFL forum for a friend who wants to start researching and get ready for their immigration process come about 2 years from now.

Great to be back, and Randy, thank you for all of the work you continue to do for the site. This is an absolute gold mine of a resource for people like us. Thanks Randy!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dan1984 said:

Life has been extremely hectic over the past 10 months with a couple surgeries in the family, dealing with the pandemic, and more. Unfortunately, I have fallen out of my daily Candle check, but I am going to start getting back into it.

Came to the forum today to copy the links for this CFL Classic and the Adv_CFL forum for a friend who wants to start researching and get ready for their immigration process come about 2 years from now.

Great to be back, and Randy, thank you for all of the work you continue to do for the site. This is an absolute gold mine of a resource for people like us. Thanks Randy!

Adv_CFL has only the posts that were made for the 3 or 4 months when we were down in 2020. I only check in every once in a while to make sure no spammer took it over, or to see if a stray CFL'er happened to get stuck there.

But welcome back! It's been a little bit lonely here lately!

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)
  • Like 1