What time is it? Time to...?

danb

Not only are masked still required but the old style mask is not acceptable. I had one on that I guess was not up to code and the guard at the front gate told me that one is no good and get a different one. Luckily we have supply of masks a the apartment so I was able to throw that one away and get one the fit the face tighter.

• 5 weeks later...

Hello. It is 5:30 in the morning. I am up and getting ready to go shopping at a local grocery store. I wanted to take advantage of the special senior citizen only shopping hours. (1.5 hr.) This whole virus thing is starting to sink in for me. A few months ago it was in China. Not something that I had to worry about (except that my Lao Po was in China). That had me worried but she was over 600 miles away from Wuhan. She was aware of the situation and was taking precautions. She was pretty much staying at home. Recently when she is starting to leave home, she is staying away from crowds and wearing the required mask.. Things are much more positive there than here. What should I be thinking? How concerned should I be? On a scale of 1 to 10 where should I be? A 1 being not concern and planning a trip to Disneyland to a 10 being in a panic mode and starting to hoard things such as food and maybe even some ammo. 3 weeks ago I was maybe at a 1.5 or two. In the past week I moved up to maybe a 5. I am watching the stock market, the unavailability of TP at the market, what seems to be less traffic on the roads, schools closing, the restaurant's seating area closed, and the state that I work in being closed down. Maybe I should be edging up to a 6! How do you guys see it? BTW, I do read/follow most of the posts on this forum that pertain to the the virus as it pertains to China, the US and the world. Until now the situation has not been affecting me much. Danb

PS, Randy feel free to move this post if you think that there is a better place for it. Thanks.

Well it has been about a month since I first posted this topic.

I just checked this forum and then I went to MSN on the internet watching and reading an article on MSN. I thought it was interesting but also a bit disturbing. I will post a link to it in my next post. It has been only a month since I started this topic. In that month, have things gotten worse, better, stayed the same or just has changed. I am not sure. In some ways thing have to gotten better and in the some ways they have gotten worse. And in some ways they are about at same level. " Maybe I should be edging up to a 6! " Actually I might be edging up to a 6.3 or 6.4!

Since last month the economy has definitely started to go down the tube. I doubt that it will return to where we were before this had all started. At least not in the near future. Mandatory temperature testing starts at work this Monday. Face mask are required at work and also at many places out of work. Plexiglas windows/shields are all over the place. There is a lot less traffic on the roads, but I think I am seeing an ever so slight increase in the past 3 or 4 days. I am now concerned if I will be going ( be able) to visit China this Christmas. Last month I "knew" that I was going. Today, I am very not sure. Still want to, but now thinking it might not be possible or a smart thing to do. I did go to a gun store a couple of weeks ago. A pretty big one. A few years ago I visited their old store. At that time they had guns up the the wazoo. This time in their new , much bigger store they barely had any firearms. Before , maybe 300 firearms and this time maybe 5 or 10 firearms. And still no TP is to be had.

On the bright side, the curve in many of the states seem to have be getting better. Social distancing is helping. Less bad news. The death rates is slowing down. The new Covid cases rates are slowing down. ( these rates are better in most places but not all) . And we are seeing some of the states are starting to open some businesses back up.

I think we are still not ahead of this whole situation. More PPE is getting out there, but there are still shortages. More federal money is being asked for and is needed. The ventilators should be rolling off line in a month or so. There is still squabbling about testing. Food availability issues are on the rise. Etc, etc. Boy maybe I will change my number of where my comfort level should be. Maybe a 6.8!! ? What do you guys think? Danb