Coronavirus Entry/Exit assistance

That is good news -- our visas were sent to expire on April 21st and Liwen was worried about what we could do about it because so far no loosing of the quarantine. I have good Internet connection and can do 95% of my work here. Will have to file for a tax extension and hire someone to mow our yard in late April. I alway mow it myself -- big yard. Just wish we could leave our apartment compound and visit nearby Nature park to do some birding

• Like 3

I am sure there's going to be a bunch of analysts comparing how China vs US reacted to the virus. I think we are making a lot of mistakes initially and China did too but they got it straight after a while. They basically sacrificed a province to save the world. I hope we don't have to do that.

And I am in the sacrificed province. But despite some of the negative reports about how some of the citizens of Wuhan are responding, in our part of town all is pretty quiet and people are staying inside except to go to the front gate to get ordered groceries and packages. Delivery services are still working and people here are not wanting for food or basics. I am almost out of the coffee I brought with me and no Starbucks in sight. We are still completely quarantined in our apartment complex here in Wuhan. I bend the rules a little and walk 2 times a day around the apartment compound perimeter looking for birds. I did bring my binoculars with me but of course our planned birding trips were cancelled. But we are all healthy here (me, Liwen, and her parents) and in good spirits

• Like 2

There's hope for you there, Doc, at least as far as Starbucks. I've got my own Yunnan coffee which all I'll have to do is get up and make.

Starbucks reopens China cafes after temporary closures due to coronavirus

• Starbucks CEO Kevin Johnson said that 85% of Starbucks’ cafes in China are operating again.
  • The global coffee chain closed more than half of its Chinese cafes in January in response to the COVID-19 outbreak.
  • The company did not share any updates on the expected financial impact of the temporary closures

Well 85% of the Starbucks are open and the 15% closed are all probably in Wuhan. Since I can not yet leave the apartment compound, I cannot get to the nearest Starbucks anyway. And I still am not sure where the closest one is. I know the one that is downtown but that is not in walking distance. I will have to do some detective work to try and figure our where the nearest Starbucks is. Eagerly waiting to be free to roam again. Interesting that living in the epicenter of the coronavirus outbreak my main worry is -- when will Starbucks open and where is the nearest one? Things overall are very livable here for now.

• Like 1