Swan Hotel????

Hi there, looking into everybody else timeline had noticed that some NVC approved packages reach GZ in a couple of days, while others take much longer. Do you have any idea why? Also can someone explain me why you guys mention so much this Swan hotel? As you can imagine, I am searching the web every morning hoping to see our case approved, it seems like an endless wait, but the key to survive is to keep busy so the time will pass faster. Anyway, it will be so unfair for me to complain as we got Vermont and know is the most efficient center, just keep my fingers crossed that we will also have the same luck as some others who have applied recently. ;)

Hi there, looking into everybody else timeline had noticed that some NVC approved packages reach GZ in a couple of days, while others take much longer.  Do you have any idea why? Also can someone explain me why you guys mention so much this Swan hotel?  As you can imagine, I am searching the web every morning hoping to see our case approved, it seems like an endless wait, but the key to survive is to keep busy so the time will pass faster.  Anyway, it will be so unfair for me to complain as we got Vermont and know is the most efficient center, just keep my fingers crossed that we will also have the same luck as some others who have applied recently.  ;)

Mari,

Ahhh one of the questions of the decade.

Why are some people processed quickly and others take longer or forever. I am afraid through the years I have never found any answer but.....

... your file is being processed, the petitioner or petitioners agent will be notified when a decision is made... or some other elusive statement.

Seems like with the delivery of the packet to GZ it has something to do with the pickup cycle of the US consulate and then how many are waiting to be officially entered into the computer. Then they are technically received.

Good luck and hang tough. Keep doing just what your doing, ask questions, send polite faxes and emails when it is appropriate and scour this site. There are numerous little clues all through out this site as well as a host of great people.

Louis

Thanks Louis, I've found a great group of people here, without their knowledge and support everything would have been so different. I keep all of you in my prayers and hope that everything will run smoothly in the interview next week.

Mari,

I think as someone posted a while ago, the GZ consulate goes to the courier DH??? and pickes up the applications once a month (and then complains about them piling up) :P (maybe it was twice a month).

I presume that the GZ consulate sends their own truck for the pickup for security purposes.

There are also additional clearances that have to come from Bejing.

If the timing is right, one's packet will arrive in GZ and get all of the clearances from Bejing just in time for the monthly pickup. If not, then it ends up waiting till the next pickup date.

----------------

Best of luck for a speedy application,

Clifford

they do more then a monthly pick, they do pick up daily or close to it only there seems to be a 3-4 week back log of visa packages. so it only seems like once a month.

Se Lang,

I was only going by what was posted on the Candle a while ago (which we all know is gospel). And, of course, my memory can be a bit poor.

See these postings:

Don's Notes on GZ Procedures:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index....t=ST&f=1&t=3935

Dan's Description,

DHL Packages NVC to GZ

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index....t=ST&f=1&t=4114

My financee works in customs for another city and called the GZ customs to find out what takes so long for GZ to pick up the DHL Packages. What she found out is that the package that is delivered immediately is the diplomatic courier package and the other packages that sit in customs are our applications. There are about 2000 applications per package.

The DHL packages need a release letter from Beijing Customs in order for GZ Customs to release these packages to GZ Consulate. The amount of time to get this letter varies as well as the amount of time for GZ Consulate to pick up packages. Thus causing the varying time delays.

She did find out the GZ Consulate picks up packages twice per month, the 1st & 15th we believe.

The only explaination for not getting all the packages is either

1) do not have the Beijing release letter and/or

2) lack of space on the truck used to pick up the packages.

Just trying to understand the NVC -> DHL -> GZ process. Hope this gives some insite.

Hi there, looking into everybody else timeline had noticed that some NVC approved packages reach GZ in a couple of days, while others take much longer.  Do you have any idea why? Also can someone explain me why you guys mention so much this Swan hotel?  As you can imagine, I am searching the web every morning hoping to see our case approved, it seems like an endless wait, but the key to survive is to keep busy so the time will pass faster.  Anyway, it will be so unfair for me to complain as we got Vermont and know is the most efficient center, just keep my fingers crossed that we will also have the same luck as some others who have applied recently.  :D

I have heard mention of the White Swan for two reasons. First, it is my understanding that EMS deliveries to the consulate, for example if you send your P3 documents via EMS, actually get delivered the White Swan Hotel first. Second, a number of people have stayed at the White Swan during the interview process. It is very convenient to the consulate, but it is a bit more expensive than the other hotels on the island.

Frank, could you tell me what EMS stands for? Do you mean that if my bf sends the p3 via EMS it will get to the White Swan hotel first? What other means there are? I just think it's weird for the consulate not to have another place or box to get their correspondence. It's kind of confusing. :D

Frank, could you tell me what EMS stands for?  Do you mean that if my bf sends the p3 via EMS it will get to the White Swan hotel first?  What other means there are?  I just think it's weird for the consulate not to have another place or box to get their correspondence.  It's kind of confusing.  :D

Sorry, EMS = Express Mail Service

As weird as it sounds, I think the EMS mail goes to the hotel first. I guess you could use regular mail, but I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with that - no tracking number. Some people have talked about hand delivery of the P3 documents, but I'm not familiar with the procedure.

and I 'd like to add that DHL delivers itself directly to the Consulate.

I was told this by DHL and have a copy of the DHL form signed by them receiving our paperwork there

So could of /can the MM's send the P3 back to GZ by DHL inside China? If yes then enlighten us please to late for me as mine went to White swan.

and I 'd like to add that DHL delivers itself directly to the Consulate.

I was told this by DHL and have a copy of the DHL form signed by them receiving our paperwork there

So could of /can the MM's send the P3 back to GZ by DHL inside China? If yes then enlighten us please to late for me as mine went to White swan.

no, use EMS is the most efficient way as goes directly to White Swan and they pick it up daily....it can also be tracked through EMS using the registered number as well....they just dont admit it untill its in the computer.

Otherwise, I think, people would be saying "Yo, when are you going to put it in the computer?"...:P You can find this out, before they mail it to you, by calling DoS. DoS's computer is linked to all the consulate computers around the world and when consulates enter something on someones case, it goes directly to them.

They can tell you first, if in the computer......and when they mail the P-3 or P-4, it isnt always correct mailing date. Its the date they put it in the mail room.

My gal had some forms ommitted from the P-4. After sending GZ an email, GZ called her to tell they would ship a new P-4 packet, and 2 days later it was there. So if they want to move fast and efficient, they have it in them....

Ya I called DoS today, 47 minutes later she said no news I should wait 2-3 weeks, ok ok ok it has only been 5 days I was just hoping :P