Medical before Interview

Hello,

I am planning to do my Medical in Beijing before the interview in Guangzhou since I have to visit Beijing first week of January. Does anyone know how long do they take for them to to give back the results? I know that the medical facility in Guangzhou takes 3 working days to give the results.

If the wait times in Beijing is longer I might as well do it in Guangzhou.

Thank you.

Hard to find any data points, but it appears about 3 to 5 days from what I gathered. You can always call them to confirm, their number is listed on the pre-interview checklist.

Guangzhou medical exam is a nightmare because of the long queue, not sure if Beijing is better or worse. At least in GZ there are plenty of cafes and restaurants to wait inside, and can walk around the incredible business district.

Edited by dandmcd (see edit history)

Hard to find any data points, but it appears about 3 to 5 days from what I gathered. You can always call them to confirm, their number is listed on the pre-interview checklist.

Guangzhou medical exam is a nightmare because of the long queue, not sure if Beijing is better or worse. At least in GZ there are plenty of cafes and restaurants to wait inside, and can walk around the incredible business district.

Can confirm - my stepdaughter had her exam in GZ and was there for a total of 4 hours. Tons of waiting around. Results were ready for pickup 3 days later. i believe they used to have a service where you could pick up next day (for a $$ fee) but I'm not sure if that's still around. Biggest benefit to GZ is that you can do the medical and interview in the same week which is why I'm guess it's so busy. My wife's entire family is from Guangdong (a 1.5-hour high-speed rail trip to Guangzhou) so she actually did the medical a two weeks before the interview, just to give plenty of time in case something went wrong.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I have heard that we are suppose to fill out a Medical history form before the medicals at Guangzhou. I already registered electronically with the Medical centre in Guangzhou through wechat and got a confirmation in my email, but I am unable to find the medical history form on their website. There is a link but when I save the .doc file, it is an empty file. Does anyone know where I can obtain the medical history form online. Thank you.

Hello,

I have heard that we are suppose to fill out a Medical history form before the medicals at Guangzhou. I already registered electronically with the Medical centre in Guangzhou through wechat and got a confirmation in my email, but I am unable to find the medical history form on their website. There is a link but when I save the .doc file, it is an empty file. Does anyone know where I can obtain the medical history form online. Thank you.

I don't remember hearing about this form before - just follow whatever directions you've received. Perhaps you'll be given one at the Med Center?