Guangzhou Hotel near airport

Hello , Everyone. I hope everyone is doing well. I hope everyone had a Good Thanksgiving. Mine was good. I have turkey and hot pot. So I have a question. I am going to stay overnight in Guangzhou. Any suggestions on a decent hotel near or at the airport? Or a hotel that would have a shuttle service to and from the hotel to airport. Years ago I stay at a real nice one at the airport. It might have been the Pullman. It was very nice and it was a good price. The price now is a bit high. Just looking for a place to sleep that is safe, clean and convenient. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Danb

I can't help you directly, since we always stay at the Guangzhou Hotel near the Pearl River, but I've always found Travelocity to be an excellent source of information (AND good prices). All 3 show free airport shuttle.

These are $23 to $56 (hopefully, the links work). Or go to travelocity and check their map yourself.

https://www.travelocity.com/Guangzhou-Hotels-Vyluk-Guangzhou-Baiyun-Airport-International-Hotel.h33004846.Hotel-Information?chkin=12%2F16%2F2019&chkout=12%2F17%2F2019&regionId=771&destination=Guangzhou+%28and+vicinity%29%2C+China&swpToggleOn=true&rm1=a2&x_pwa=1&sort=recommended&top_dp=48&top_cur=USD&rfrr=HSR&pwa_ts=1575649181864&neighborhoodId=6064266&referrerUrl=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cudHJhdmVsb2NpdHkuY29tL0hvdGVsLVNlYXJjaA%3D%3D

https://www.travelocity.com/Guangzhou-Hotels-Naryn-Hotel.h24046536.Hotel-Information?chkin=12%2F16%2F2019&chkout=12%2F17%2F2019&regionId=771&destination=Guangzhou+%28and+vicinity%29%2C+China&swpToggleOn=true&rm1=a2&x_pwa=1&sort=recommended&top_dp=23&top_cur=USD&rfrr=HSR&pwa_ts=1575649181811&referrerUrl=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cudHJhdmVsb2NpdHkuY29tL0hvdGVsLVNlYXJjaA%3D%3D

https://www.travelocity.com/Guangzhou-Hotels-Swisstouches-Guangzhou-Hotel-Residences.h19385237.Hotel-Information?chkin=12%2F16%2F2019&chkout=12%2F17%2F2019&regionId=771&destination=Guangzhou+%28and+vicinity%29%2C+China&swpToggleOn=true&rm1=a2&x_pwa=1&sort=recommended&top_dp=56&top_cur=USD&rfrr=HSR&pwa_ts=1575649181914&neighborhoodId=6064266&referrerUrl=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cudHJhdmVsb2NpdHkuY29tL0hvdGVsLVNlYXJjaA%3D%3D

My parents stayed at the new Ausotel Smart Hotel which has 24 hour shuttle from the airport, that just takes about 5 to 10 minutes, you can call them to send a shuttle out to get you anywhere at the airport. It's located in a small quiet area near the runway where the airport dormitories and catering for some of the airline employees is located. I highly recommend this one.

Thank you for all the replies. Poor planning so I had to try to make hotel reservation (thru Agoda) on the fly with my smartphone when I was in Chongqing. How much problem could that be? I thought I was a smart guy. Well I am not, or just unlucky. Got to Guangzhou the next day but no hotel pickup. Not even a number to contact them with. Now I ran into new problems. So I went past all the hawkers willing to help me out and went to one of those "let me help you out desk" at the airport. Got a hotel for 150 RMB a nite and free ride to and from the hotel. Alset right? Not. After getting a quick bite to eat at KFC for 43 RMB i was taken to my hotel. About 10-15 minutes away from the airport. The budget hotel looked old but ok. At the front desk there were police. Just great!! Wondering what I got myself into. When I have more time I will have to write about hotel issues that I had this trip but now I have a few new and more pressing problems to solve.

Double post, Not sure how to cancel just one post. So Randy can you cancel one of them for me? Thanks Danb

......Having to select save changes several times.

Edited by danb (see edit history)

So I have now gotten some much need rest. Let me tell you a little about my trip over here. For various I waited to the last minute to make my reservation to come to China this year. I made my reservations for China about 8 days before I left. For a better price I left out of Boston instead of NYC and flew into Guangzhou. The price was $580 r/t. It was up to me to get to Nanning. Decided to go with China Southern for $130 USD. Timing wise I had to stay over in Guangzhou for a night. That is why I started this topic to get some help. Thank you guys.My flight from Boston to Guangzhou wast 36 hours. I did not have a direct flight. Cheapoair found me a flight on Hainan Air. That was all on one ticket from one airline. It went from Boston to Shanghai to Chongqing to ( after a 11 hr layover) to Guangzhou. For less than 600 dollars I did get to see a lot of different Chinese airports.

When I got to Chongqing it was at about 1 in the morning. Along the way I kept asking Hainan employees what I can I do in Chongqing for 11 hours. I kept getting told to ask someone when I got to Chongqing. Well when I got there there really wasnt too many people around. There was not Hainan counter opened. I couldnt find a Hainan office. I did find an KFC and had a 44 RMB snack. There were no info counters opened. No Money changer office opened. I wonder around the deserted Chongqing airport until about 4 in the morning. Stumbled accrossed an unmanned Hainan assistance desk. Luckly there was a hotline phone number.. Clled that number and talked to a rep. Explained to him that I was stuck in Chongqing for 11 hours and was holding a ticket from his airlines in my hand. He thought about it and told me. Okay. Just go downstairs to the 2nd floor. Outside of the departure area at column D I could go to an office, that would give me a voucher for a hotel and meal and a ride to and back the hotel. Sounds great!! Got down there and tried to find the office. I asked a policewoman in the area. She said that there was no such office there. Sure? Yes, Sure was the reply. So I went back around to the 4th floor and wander around some more. . When it was around 5 or 6 in the morning I had to make a pit stop. When I came out of the men's room I noticed a small little counter against the end wall of the terminal. It was some kind of Airport traveler help desk. I told them my story. The first guy said no speak English. The second guy was more helpful. He pointed to another counter/office. It was along the same end terminal wall about 80 feet away in the back. Sure, right!! Turns out this was the place that I need to go. It was an airport office. Not an Hainan office. It handle traveler issues and problems. I talked to them and they understood and got be a ride, breakfast and a hotel room for about 4 hours. No Charge. Next time. I will make sure that i have a reservation or a better plain. ... I hope!! Danb

• Like 1

I can't help myself. Just dying to tell someone of my flight. I got to Guangzhou the next day. I had my hotel reservation. I had a confirmation I was all set, right? Not quite. I told you about my SwissTouches in Guangzhou hotel adventure above. Just wanted to say that I am not happy with them nor Agoda. In the past I have used Agoda and haven't had any problems. This time it was different. When I got to the airport and realized that there was a problem, I could not contact the hotel or Agoda. The hotel did not supply a good contact number and Agoda did not seem to have a contact number that I could use for immediate help. I did have my US smartphone and a Chinese phone. I got online with Agoda but all I could access was their online reservation page. I had no confidence in making another reservation with them. I guess I created some of my problems. I waited to the very last minute to make my reservation. And also I had put blind faith in that Agoda would not make any mistakes. But I am happy to be here in Nanning. DanB

PS I , almost gave in. I called the Pullman Hotel, which is on the airport grounds. They want $166 USD for the night. I asked about the internet price of $122 a nite. They said, " Dont Know." My 150rmb budget hotel even with the police greeting worked out ok!!