No Appointments Available/Error

Hello,

I have been trying to everyday to schedule an appointment and it says " Currently no appointment available" nor does it show a calendar.

Today I received this message when I tried to log in:

Error: Your account has been frozen for suspicious activity, and you will not be able to access it for up to 72 hours. Your account will be unfrozen automatically after that time. Our call center agents will not be able to assist you with unfreezing your account or scheduling your appointment until then.

Is this normal? I hope I am able to get the desired appointment date for early January.

Thank you.

Hello,

I have been trying to everyday to schedule an appointment and it says " Currently no appointment available" nor does it show a calendar.

Today I received this message when I tried to log in:

Error: Your account has been frozen for suspicious activity, and you will not be able to access it for up to 72 hours. Your account will be unfrozen automatically after that time. Our call center agents will not be able to assist you with unfreezing your account or scheduling your appointment until then.

Is this normal? I hope I am able to get the desired appointment date for early January.

Thank you.

Unfortunately, yes, it is. They make it difficult for you to find open dates, and then punish you for trying too hard.

Dates are usually allocated in blocks of a week or more. If you can find out when this is done, that may help.

Why are some people allowed to schedule/reschedule online? NVC just sent us an email basically saying when and where to show up, but some people use an online booking system. Always confused me...

Those who filed directly with the USCIS office (called DCF), either in Beijing, or in Guangzhou, are allowed to schedule their own interviews.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

After trying to get an appointment for the past 15 days, I was able to get an interview appointment for mid-January. There were only 2 dates open in January. I guess there are many people going for interviews for various visas at Guangzhou.

Anyway, I believe I am 1 step closer now and must get my interview done. I was thinking of doing it in Beijing instead of Guangzhou.