Interview Query

Hello,

I still haven't received the medical and interview appointment email from the US consulate. I believe I should received it in the next week or so since I sent the DS 260 confirmation and other documents around a month ago to Guangzhou.

I plan on scheduling an Interview first week of January. Here are my queries, if everything goes well and my visa is approved:

1. Since I live in Henan province , after the interview , Would the Visa officer give back the passport and ask me to send it through CITIC because I would need to return to Henan as living in Guangzhou would be expensive for me?

2. If I am able to return to Henan with my passport , Could I send the passport through CITIC after a month for stamping of the Visa sticker since I also plan to visit India in the month of January?

3. I understand that at times the Visa officer would approve the IV conditionally and ask for more paperwork. Again would it be ok to sent the documents and passport after a month? Would that have any negative effect or it doesnt matter?

4. I also spoke to the Citic bank representative and they told me that because of the Chinese New Year starting on 24 January, processes would be slow and the whole process of sending the passport to Guangzhou, The process times at the consulate and the return of the passport may take as much as 1 month or more and recommended that after the New Years in February , the process would be smoother. I just wanted a confirmation by other members who may have had similar experiences?

Because of Point 4 above I was thinking of travelling to India in January and then submitting everything after I return in Early February.

Your input and advise is much appreciated. Thank you.

Hello,

I still haven't received the medical and interview appointment email from the US consulate. I believe I should received it in the next week or so since I sent the DS 260 confirmation and other documents around a month ago to Guangzhou.

I plan on scheduling an Interview first week of January. Here are my queries, if everything goes well and my visa is approved:

1. Since I live in Henan province , after the interview , Would the Visa officer give back the passport and ask me to send it through CITIC because I would need to return to Henan as living in Guangzhou would be expensive for me?

2. If I am able to return to Henan with my passport , Could I send the passport through CITIC after a month for stamping of the Visa sticker since I also plan to visit India in the month of January?

3. I understand that at times the Visa officer would approve the IV conditionally and ask for more paperwork. Again would it be ok to sent the documents and passport after a month? Would that have any negative effect or it doesnt matter?

4. I also spoke to the Citic bank representative and they told me that because of the Chinese New Year starting on 24 January, processes would be slow and the whole process of sending the passport to Guangzhou, The process times at the consulate and the return of the passport may take as much as 1 month or more and recommended that after the New Years in February , the process would be smoother. I just wanted a confirmation by other members who may have had similar experiences?

Because of Point 4 above I was thinking of travelling to India in January and then submitting everything after I return in Early February.

Your input and advise is much appreciated. Thank you.

1,2,3. You will need to tell them that you will need to mail the passport from Henan. No problem. I wouldn't think that delaying it by a month would be a problem, but be sure to ask.

4. Expect a 1 week delay around the new year, but the Consulate's holiday is usually only 3 days.

The holiday schedules are usually announced in early December.

Thank you Randy for the reply.

I have another query. It is as follows:

As I have indicated before, my wife and I work in China. We have been here for several years. Does she need to be in China during my interview process? Is it ok for her to move back to the US if we are in the last stage of IV process?

The reason being she wants to be with family and It would be easier to set up base and make my transition smoother. (We have already established Proof of Domicile during the I-130 process: Bank accounts, Driver's License, Mailing address, Credit card statements, Car Insurance)

We were qualified for DCF based on our work residence permit here in China. Would we have to prove that again during the Final Interview? Because if my spouse leaves the country then that wouldn't be valid anymore.

Depending on what they require we would make a decision accordingly.

Thank you for your help and hope the above makes sense.

Thank you Randy for the reply.

I have another query. It is as follows:

As I have indicated before, my wife and I work in China. We have been here for several years. Does she need to be in China during my interview process? Is it ok for her to move back to the US if we are in the last stage of IV process?

The reason being she wants to be with family and It would be easier to set up base and make my transition smoother. (We have already established Proof of Domicile during the I-130 process: Bank accounts, Driver's License, Mailing address, Credit card statements, Car Insurance)

We were qualified for DCF based on our work residence permit here in China. Would we have to prove that again during the Final Interview? Because if my spouse leaves the country then that wouldn't be valid anymore.

Depending on what they require we would make a decision accordingly.

Thank you for your help and hope the above makes sense.

You have already passed the hurdle of filing DCF. Any evidence submitted to prove residency was returned to her and is no longer required. What's left is the visa application. Yours is processed the same (and the requirements are the same) as everyone else's, including those who filed stateside.

If anything, her "setting up base" in the U.S. would help with the domicile requirement.