Tello cell service runs on sprint

https://tello.com/buy/custom_plans

I have friends who are happy with this service. Unlimited calls texts to USA, Canada, Mexico and China (from USA)plus 1 GB data for $10 a month. No contract can cancel after first month. I will give it a try, Good ratings for service (check the Sprint map) where I live.

Edited by True Blue (see edit history)

Runs on the Sprint network. They advise having a CDMA phone.

Changing the subject a little bit, the new iPhones are now CDMA/GSM agnostic. The networks that are shaking out for now are basically TDD-LTE or FDD-LTE and the Broadcom chips in the phones can handle all of it. So, one (unlocked) phone will work owns U.S. Network as well as any of the Chinese networks.

I don't know how long this has been true, but it was not true the last time we bout a phone for China (iPhone 6). Now, if you were bringing a phone to China, yuuo o just have to remember to buy a sim-free, unlocked phone (I think only one carrier still locks phones in the US.)

• 3 weeks later...

I have had Tello for 3 weeks now - the $10 + 1.50 in taxes = 11.50 total unlimited calls and text to USA, Mainland China, Canada and Mexico plus 1 go data per month plan.

Tried calls to many places in USA, several places in Canada and several places in China (didn't try Hong Kong or Macao so not sure if those work or not) and didn't try Mexico but since I don't know anyone there. So far so good.

I keep the data turned off so I don't eat into it when I am driving to and from work or out shopping to download emails or other mindless data. Save that for wifi and only turn the data on when I need to look up something from a non wifi location then turn it off again.

Works great - recommended. Can't beat it for the price.

Note runs. On Sprint network only and does not roam to other networks so if you drive through one of the areas that has a gap in sprint coverage you are SOL. Fortunately those are few and far between where we live.

• Like 1