F2A Visa for Chinese family is suddenly current

From a law firm web site this advice (don't rely on this to be good advice without checking here but I am passing this along as I just saw it)

https://www.cilawgroup.com/news/2019/06/13/july-2019-visa-bulletin-fb-2a-is-current-allowing-i-485-filings-eb-china-advances-well-while-eb-india-unchanged/

FROM LAW FIRM WEB SITE

["FB-2A Current for All Countries – Opportunity to File I-485 Adjustment of Status

A significant development is that the Family-based Second Preference (FB-2A) category has become “Current” for July and, according to the Department of State, it is expected to remain “Current” through September. This action has been taken in an effort to generate an increased level of “demand” or number of filings. It should be noted that the FB-2A will not remain Current indefinitely, but it is not possible to say at present how soon a cutoff will be introduced.

This means that FB-2A applicants, especially those who are in the U.S. on valid status, should consider filing for I-485 Adjustment of Status as soon as possible in July or August in the event there is a cutoff date introduced in September or October. Note that because the cutoff date is “Current”, it is possible to file a brand new FB-2A where the I-130 immigrant petition and the I-485 adjustment of status are filed concurrently. So this is an opportunity to file I-485 not only for existing but also for new FB-2A cases.

FB-2A category is for “Spouses and Children (generally under 21 years of age) of Permanent Residents”

FB-2A applicants who are pursuing the NVC/Consular may still consider completing their applications so that the U.S. Consular sections can complete the interview and the immigrant visa approval process as soon as possible.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if our office can help you take advantage of this (very time-sensitive) opportunity to file I-485 applications. We are also happy to provide a free quote for preparing and filing your I-485 application.]

Sounds too good to be true to me The Official July Visa Bulleting does say current for F2A visas. What say the experts here?

Edited by True Blue (see edit history)

USCIS says

For Family-Sponsored Filings:
You must use the Dates for Filing chart in the Department of State Visa Bulletin for June 2019.

Keep an eye on this page to see what they say when July comes up - https://www.uscis.gov/visabulletininfo

from your law firm

USCIS will determine and announce within a week – please check USCIS’s site.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Hi Randy,

Thanks for the info. Please see Link to July Visa Bulletin https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2019/visa-bulletin-for-july-2019.html

Table A shows that the F2A visa from China (and all other areas including India, Mexico and the Phillipines) is now current. This is the equivalent of a 21-24 month reduction in the line or perhaps stated another way - the line is gone for now.

In previous months the China F2A line has moved between 3 to 6 weeks per month (recent months since last Fall). I wonder what caused the line to become current (especially for all countries). I also wonder if this was a mistake that got published by USCIS.

BTW This is not my law firm. Since I suspected it might be a mistake so I did some google searches after I saw the July Visa Bulletin which shows Table A Final Action Dates for Family Sponsored Preference Cases to be "C" (Current) for F2A Family Sponsored Visas and found their article and advice. Their advice is essentially for any family members come to USA immediately and file for adjustment as the current status is likely to revert back to a 21 month line in a month or two. Also for any new family members qualifying for an F2A to come to USA immediately and concurrently adjust.

I tried making a FASTPASS appointment with my ;local USCIS office but they are not accepting ANY FASTPASS or seeing any walk-ins even if we were to wait for several weeks.

So I was just wondering is this a big mistake ? Or did something fundamentally change to shorten the line from 21 to 24 months wait to no wait (current)? At first I wondered if it had anything to do with the Hong Kong protests but I think not as it also impacts F2A applicants from Mexico, India and the Philippines.

If I find anything out I will post it here.

Edited by True Blue (see edit history)

From THAT/whoever's law firm - a direct quote from the Visa Bulletin page

A significant development is that the Family-based Second Preference (FB-2A) category has become “Current” for July and, according to the Department of State, it is expected to remain “Current” through September. This action has been taken in an effort to generate an increased level of “demand” or number of filings. It should be noted that the FB-2A will not remain Current indefinitely, but it is not possible to say at present how soon a cutoff will be introduced.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)