DCF ending??

No - DOS and USCIS are two separate entities.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that USCIS is still active at Guangzhou, thanks to the adoptions from China.

But you are truly on your own here. Let us know what you find out.

I expect that they will accept your DCF files petition at the consulate but I have no feel for whether it will still be adjudicated in Guangzhou or be sent back for stateside processing.

Good luck, you may get lucky

I would think it's in your best interests to go to the consulate to find out what you can, and then to decide whether to submit DCF, or to mail it to s lockbox yourself

No - DOS and USCIS are two separate entities.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that USCIS is still active at Guangzhou, thanks to the adoptions from China.

But you are truly on your own here. Let us know what you find out.

I expect that they will accept your DCF files petition at the consulate but I have no feel for whether it will still be adjudicated in Guangzhou or be sent back for stateside processing.

Good luck, you may get lucky

I would think it's in your best interests to go to the consulate to find out what you can, and then to decide whether to submit DCF, or to mail it to a stateside lockbox yourself

Thanks, Randy,

I know that CIS in Guangzhou is shut. When you said Go to the Consulate, did you mean go to the Citizen Service Window?

I would if there would be any slightest chance. I am physically in Liuzhou, Guangxi, 5 hours by train at this Virus period. If DOS means the same as CS Window. I am going and will update everyone.

J

DOS Citizen's Services is on the 2nd floor, while the USCIS access is/WAS on the third.

But if USCIS is shuttered your petition would most likely be sent back to the US for processing anyway.

The only way to get your answers would be to go to the Consulate yourself, unless you can find someone who recently went.

I hear you, Randy. The message from CIS GUZ was saying 'temporarily closed until furthure notice', and 'DCF WITH USCIS offices overseas is no longer available.' ....It's knida hard to read between lines. Is DCF with DOS still available since USCIS temporarily closed but still respond to some inquiries?

Do you or anyone have experence with online filing or e-filing that was just put out in 2020? I know it goes to the States but would that mean SLOW?

Thanks

DOS does not process the Immediate Relative I-130 petitions - USCIS does.

DOS can ACCEPT your I-130 based on the allowable conditions, but based on what you're saying here, it will be processed stateside. This would pretty well negate any advantage to filing DCF.

You are the true expert, Randy. So, you are telling me the model of 'DOA accepting I-130 with a functional CIS onsite' would work to the advantage of DCF. I just checked that CIS in Guangzhou is closed to the Public due to Virus. I assume it's still functioning internally so DOS could still windows for local CIS in GZ as usual? I am trying to be optimistic.

If CIS GZ is shut, would it mean I'd better off using the online system to file?

Thanks for your time

Edited by jnqian (see edit history)

Yes, that's possible, but of course the downside is that you would waste a trip if USCIS has actually stopped adjudicating petitions in Guangzhou.

A DCF-filed petition sent back to the states for processing? Well you might as well submit it yourself.

I believe they now have a section on tje online petition that allows you to submit addresses and phone numbers that didn't fit. Check for that

You got my attention, Randy. What is 'tej' please? I also checked that the USCIS offices in China are not yet closed functionally. They are so called 'temporarily closed to PUBLIC' due to Virus. I am assuming the office in functional internally. I am gonna go see myself next week. If anyone has more information, please share, and I will share my findings also.

You got my attention, Randy. What is 'tej' please? I also checked that the USCIS offices in China are not yet closed functionally. They are so called 'temporarily closed to PUBLIC' due to Virus. I am assuming the office in functional internally. I am gonna go see myself next week. If anyone has more information, please share, and I will share my findings also.

Another question, please.

My wife actually has a 10-year B2 visa. Could she legally visit US while waiting for IR-2 after I-130 submitted? I mean she would come back for interview and do all neccesary process.Just like a normal visit, not to wait or change status in the US.I understand it's not a right thing to do to enter US with B2 and process IV in the US.

Another question, please. My wife actually has a 10-year B2 visa. Could she legally visit US while waiting for IR-2 after I-130 submitted? I mean she would come back for interview and do all neccesary process.Just like a normal visit, not to wait or change status in the US.I understand it's not a right thing to do to enter US with B2 and process IV in the US.

Yes she can as long as CBP doesn't give her trouble, which they probably won't.