Notarized Death Certificate

I received an RFE for my I-129F petition.

They request a notarized death certificate for my fiance's former husband. His death was in Yulin.

She has been to notaries in Beijing (where she lives) with the hospital's notice of death (from 1996) and her hukou (which shows she is a widow) and they are unable to provide a notarized death certificate.

She does not know what to do and I am no help... I included the notice of death she has (after blurring out some info) below....

Any suggestions?

I am meeting her in Guilin for a few days next month. Do you think we would have better luck there?

82d9e2da6c851fab8b1cd68bf273fad9.png

from the Dept. of State China Reciprocity Schedule

死亡公证书 - Sǐwáng gōngzhèng shū

Death/Burial

Available

Fees: Varies. Normally RMB 200 - 300 (Notarization Fee: RMB 80 + Translation Fee: on-standard)

Document Name: Notarial death certificate (Si Wang Gong Zheng Shu)

Issuing Authority: Local Notary Public Office (Gong Zheng Chu)

Special Seal(s) / Color / Format: A notarial death certificate normally contains a watermark, seal, and red stamp. It must indicate the decedent’s name, gender, date of death, place of death, and cause of death. All notarial documents must have an English translation, and be attached to a certificate stating that the English translation is in conformity with the Chinese original.

Issuing Authority Personnel Title: Notary Public (Gong Zheng Yuan)

Registration Criteria:

1. A National ID card or passport, and household registration (Hu Kou Bu).
  2. Decedent’s household registration (Hu Kou Bu), or residence certificate issued by the local Public Security Bureau.
  3. One of the following four documents:
    • Medical certificate of death issued by the hospital.
    • Death certificate or cancellation of the household registration indicating the date of death, issued by the local Public Security Bureau.
    • Proof of cremation.
    • Written judgement of declaration of death.
  4. Proof of relationship between the decedent and the applicant – for example: birth certificate, marriage certificate, or household registration.
  5. A signed affidavit or authorization certificate from the applicant if someone other than the applicant applies for the certificate on his or her behalf. The authorized person also needs to provide his/her national ID card.
  6. Other documents requested by the Notary Public (Gong Zheng Yuan).

Procedure for Obtaining:

1. Complete and submit all relevant documents to the Notary Public Office (Gong Zheng Chu).
  2. The Notary Public then examines the documents. If the application is accepted, the applicant pays all related notary fees.
  3. Once the review of the submitted documents is completed, the notarial death certificate is issued.

Certified Copies Available: Certified copies are not available.

Alternate Documents: There are no alternate documents.

Exceptions: None

Comments: Applicants should check the website or contact their local Notary Public Office to obtain specific information regarding required fees and supporting documents. edical certificate of death issued by the hospital

If ANY document is unobtainable, you should submit a statement of WHY it is unobtainable, and what effort you made to obtain it. Include office locations and names.