our k-1 visa process and dates

I’d like to share about our K1-Visa process with you all! I am an American woman with a Pakistani Fiancé. We both lived in China during the entire visa process. First we assembled our documents for 1-129F and mailed it to America on January 25th 2018. They received our documents on February 10th 2018. Our case was approved on August 20th 2018 and was delivered to NVC. We got our case number from the NVC on September 11th 2018 and they also sent our case file to the Consulate in Guangzhou on that day. The Consulate received our case file on September 26th 2018. We received packet 3 on October 10th 2018. We mailed packet 3 documents back to the consulate in Guangzhou on October 11th 2018. We received Packet 4 via E-mail on October 16th 2018. After that we made an interview appointment for November 3rd 2018. We also made an appointment at an approved hospital in Beijing at Beijing International Travel Healthcare Center for October 22nd 2018. Due to abnormal chest X-rays, my fiancé had to do the extra sputum tests which tests for tuberculosis. The extra tests were taken three days in a row from October 24-26. The results for these tests could take from 6-8 weeks so we had to cancel the interview online and notified the Consulate about the testing. As soon as the hospital received the results (which were negative :happydance: ) they informed the consulate and mailed us the documents on the 26th of December. We received the medical documents in the mail on the 28th of December. Also, on the 26th of December we received the email from the consulate with a new appointment date and time. The date was set for January 7th. We went to the interview in Guangzhou on the 7th. MY fiancé got a green 221(g) asking for additional documents (petitioner Domicile and Notarized Police Certificate covering entire time in China). We mailed the additional documents as well as his passport via CITIC bank on January 10th 2019. The consulate received it on January 14th. The visa was issued on January 22nd. We received the passport with the Visa inside and documents on January 27th 2019.

• Like 1