Regarding single status affidavit

Hi, first time posting here. So I'm a US born citizen, and my fiance currently resides in China. We are planning on getting married here in California when she visits end of this month, and planning to apply for the marriage-based green card afterwards. From what I understand, my fiance is required to submit a single status affidavit in order to apply? She is residing in Beijing currently for work, but she was born in Sichuan. After searching on Baidu, it states that she needs to return to her home province to get the single status certificate which is inconvenient due to work. But I also saw that they no longer give out single status papers in Sichuan. Is this true? Are there any other alternatives?

Hi, first time posting here. So I'm a US born citizen, and my fiance currently resides in China. We are planning on getting married here in California when she visits end of this month, and planning to apply for the marriage-based green card afterwards. From what I understand, my fiance is required to submit a single status affidavit in order to apply? She is residing in Beijing currently for work, but she was born in Sichuan. After searching on Baidu, it states that she needs to return to her home province to get the single status certificate which is inconvenient due to work. But I also saw that they no longer give out single status papers in Sichuan. Is this true? Are there any other alternatives?

California does not require a single status affidavit. If she will be applying for a marriage-based green card, she will not be able to claim that she is single.

Make sure that she does NOT overstay her visa after the wedding.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Got it backward... a US Citizen submits acertificate of single status or evidence of no marriage like a divorce certificate when applying to marry in CHINA, not in the states.