Bring My Chinese Girlfriend to the US

Hello, every friend. My name is Hanwen Chang. I am 30 years old Chinese Immigrant who has held a green card for 10 years. During the 10 years, I spent for about 3.5 year outside of the US. Last year, I met my girlfriend in China while I was working. I spent a year with her and really love her. I want to bring her to the US and marry her. And here are my questions.

1. Can a green card holder bring someone here as a fiancee visa to marry ? or Do I have to become a citizen to do so ?

2. What are the steps for obtaining a fiancee visa?

3. What is the current thinking on having her visit me on a visitor visa first ?( I am thinking of having her visit might allow us to assemble a documentation in support of our growing relationship. We certainly have no intention of getting married during the visit, but we do not want to be misunderstood by the American government ) .Will visiting me jeopardize her chances of getting the fiancee visa in the future?

4. My girlfriend is a 22 year old inactive member of the communist party. She is a kindergarten teacher in a non-government school. Does this fact jeopardize her chance of getting a visa?

5. I am studying the posts from other members. Are there any links to other places I should go to learn more?

Hi, and Welcome to CFL

Who May File Form I-129F?
You may file this petition if you are a U.S. citizen . . .

You may get married wherever and whenever you like, including in the US while on a visitor's visa. Traveling to the US on a visitor's visa would most likely be a point in her favor, as long as she leaves before the allowed stay expires.

The wait for the spouse of an LPR is approximately 2 years (from the Nov. 2018 Visa Bulletin), so your best bet might be to apply for citizenship NOW.

See links to information about I-130 and CR1/IR1 visas at http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/45641-links-for-visa-information/

. . . and let us know how you're doing or if you have any questions!

You can always apply for and become a citizen, after which a spouse or fiancée visa is much quicker to process than a spouse of a LPR.