Important Info for Getting Your Health Check in Shanghai

Hey Everyone,

I am guessing the procedure has changed here in Shanghai or it is a bit different from the health check in Guangzhou. First off, it is by appointment only. You cannot show up and get a health check for US immigrant visa. Second, the results take four days to be available. Third, the price has gone up to 2000 RMB. And last but not least, you need 10 Passport photos for the health check.

Also the website says bring one more application than applicants, so in our case just two copies of the application.

We have been pretty proactive about getting things done and we luckily have enough time. Just wanted to let everyone know incase you wanted to get your health check in Shanghai.

• 3 weeks later...

As we are waiting at the airport ready to head to Guangzhou I realize I forgot to update about the health check. Some of the things that happened during the health check did not mesh with the websites instructions.

First, you can use credit card instead of cash. The website said bring ¥2000, but actually the price was ¥1600 since my SO had vaccination records already.

You do have to make an appointment for the day you want to do the health check, but like people have said about Guangzhou, the time is not hard and fast, you will get another number when you arrive.

You must bring 10 passport photos but my SO got 4 or 5 back at the end. I am guessing if something goes wrong they will need the other ones for some type of documentation.

It takes 4 business days to pick up the health check, at that time you will get the sealed envelope and a sealed CD. The CD you do not need to bring to the interview, just the packet.

What my SO said of the health check it seemed like any other health check you would get in the USA.