CGI Nightmare And Case Number Not Recognized

So we finished the DS-260. They are really thorough on that one. We were not expecting some of the questions.

-Where you have lived since the age of 16?

-Employment for the last 10 years.

I thought 5 years was pretty thorough but the DS-260 went deeper haha.

Anyways, after that we tried signing up with the TravelDocs website. My SO already has a 10 year tourist visa so he already had an account. When we tried to select a document pickup location it asks for the case number at the end. When Entering our case number GUZ********** it says The Case ID That You Entered Cannot Be Found. We entered it a million times and there are no mistakes we are sure of that. And of course it is the weekend and all the technical support is off.

I noticed on here some people had problems with this in the past, but was not sure of the resolution. Was it something that you fixed yourself? Was it something they had to do on their end?

What I am thinking is We got the email with our case number Friday afternoon and they didn't put it in the system yet.

Anyways if anyone has advice that would be great! Either way I will keep everyone posted.

Thanks Randy, I was looking at this one too. I am guessing I will just have to wait until customer service is in. I will keep everyone posted. The thing that worried me is that using the case number on the USCIS case status check, it also says case cannot he found. Anyways, I will let everyone know how it turns out.

Thanks Randy, I was looking at this one too. I am guessing I will just have to wait until customer service is in. I will keep everyone posted. The thing that worried me is that using the case number on the USCIS case status check, it also says case cannot he found. Anyways, I will let everyone know how it turns out.

Like Dan says, though, you're now in the hands of the Dept. of State, not the USCIS.

Don't forget that Monday is a U.S. holiday.

Update to my CGI problem. So I emailed them that the system did not recognize my number and either I did it wrong the first time or this is some type of work around. Either way, we seem to be in the clear to send the documents requested. So when you begin registering it ask what kind of visa you are filing for:

Non Immigrant

Immigrant

Or

Immigrant Visa Scheduled by NVC-Registration Only

Originally I selected immigrant visa and at the end after we selected a pickup location it asked for the case number. That is when it said case number not recognized.

Anyways the email told me to select Immigrant Visa by NVC-Registration Only. When you do it this way it does not ask you for your case number. After that you can download the form that you need for the passport pickup. I hope this helps anyone having a similar problem in the future. It is all kind of confusing because the system is set up with only mentions of the DS-160 (for non-immigrants) so even when you are done there is still a big reminder for people using the DS-160 form.

And Happy Labor day!

Finally got to mail it. We went to the bank and they didn’t give us a reciept or anything. They just asked what type of visa it was for and then put it in the drawer. So far so good. Everything has been going pretty smooth thanks to all the information from here. Hopefully we can interview before the end of the year. Fingers crossed!