Beijing DCF Approved, Next steps..

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to say that we submitted the I-130 petition for alien relative through Beijing and it was approved after only 20 days. That was good news since the person at USCIS in Beijing said 2-3 months.

I noticed that some people already had a case number at this point but we did not receive one. The approval letter said that it is being sent to Guangzhou and that the alien relative would receive further instructions, but it did not say how.

Did your SO receive an email or a letter?

Does anyone have a estimate on how long that took?

Thanks for everyone's help so far. We have gathered all of the other documents that we will need for the next part of the process based on everyone's suggestions. I feel the worst part is over now.

12 days later! We received an email from Guangzhou to begin filling out the DS-260 so we will get on that this evening.

From filing DCF in Beijing to this step was a lot quicker than anticipated. Exactly one month from original filing.

On this email we got our case number. We did not get it from the the first approval or the original filing.

dnoblett, thanks for clearing that up. I think with the DCF there are some procedure that are different if you are not doing it back in the states. Sometimes when I am reading the info it is for a different process so I get a little mixed up. Thanks for the Help!