Just Finished DCF in Beijing

Just got back from Beijing where we filed the I-130 petition for and IR-1 Spouse Visa.

When you arrive there is a long line on the left and a place to line up for American Citizen Services (ACS.) You should wait there. The USCIS and ACS use the same entrance and they are right next to each other. The appointment receipt says to check in at window 11, but they just called names. I guess you check in at security or they go down the list based on appointments. When they called my name they went through all of the documents and some things, like spouses passports, Marriage License. If they looked at the original, I noticed that they stamped and signed the page that said "Original seen" or something like that.

He was very thorough and very professional about the whole thing. In the end he asked if we are ready to move back to the states and I said "pretty ready" which I second-guessed later, but I am sure it is fine. I then had to go to the ACS side to pay the $535 fee and bring the receipt back so that they could make a copy of it. At the end he said I would hear back from them in 2-3 months. The USCIS says Beijing processing time is one month, so I will expect 2-3 months and be happy if it is sooner.

Also, the expiration date for the current I-130 application was for that day 7/31/2018 so if you are currently filling out the forms, make sure you have the most up to date one. Currently they will still accept this one as they do not have a new version yet.

Edited by PnL (see edit history)

The DCF process can take as little as 3 or 4 weeks to interview - be prepared.

Whenever they DO get around to releasing a new form, they will usually announce an overlap - where the new form can be used, but the old one is still accepted.

That has nothing to do with the expiration date, which is only for accounting purposes.

Being "ready" is NOT a requirement (except for the paperwork).

The OMB DATE is not the form expire date, it's just a date that USCIS needs to finish a survey for the Office of Management and Budget as part of the paperwork reduction act. The form remains valid until a newer edition is published. The current form was released 2/27/17.