How long does it take to get green card and SSN after arrival

Just wanted to add on to this. I got my IR-1 visa which looks just like the attached above, and entered the US on June 29th. I received my green card within 2 weeks of arrival. I was given a form to complete and pay for my green card at my visa interview in Guangzhou. The accompanying document said I can apply for it before or after my arrival to the US but it is recommended that I apply before my arrival, which I did. I then received my SSN in July, less than a month after I arrived.

Hope this helps!

Separately, I have an IR-1 visa just like the one above which says "SERVES AS TEMPORARY I-551 EVIDENCING PERMANENT RESIDENCE FOR 1 YEAR". I assume this 1 year of PR is overridden by the 10 year green card I received. Since the IV visa says it expires in November (for my case), how do I travel in and out of the US? If I travel out of the US in November and then return and present my passport at the border at arrival in December, the visa will have expired by then. Or do I not need to present my passport and IV on arrival?

Just wanted to add on to this. I got my IR-1 visa which looks just like the attached above, and entered the US on June 29th. I received my green card within 2 weeks of arrival. I was given a form to complete and pay for my green card at my visa interview in Guangzhou. The accompanying document said I can apply for it before or after my arrival to the US but it is recommended that I apply before my arrival, which I did. I then received my SSN in July, less than a month after I arrived.

Hope this helps!

Separately, I have an IR-1 visa just like the one above which says "SERVES AS TEMPORARY I-551 EVIDENCING PERMANENT RESIDENCE FOR 1 YEAR". I assume this 1 year of PR is overridden by the 10 year green card I received. Since the IV visa says it expires in November (for my case), how do I travel in and out of the US? If I travel out of the US in November and then return and present my passport at the border at arrival in December, the visa will have expired by then. Or do I not need to present my passport and IV on arrival?

You are now a legal permanent resident of the United States. You will show your I-551 green card to gain re-entry. No visa is necessary.