Introductions etc...

Greetings all. I am not sure if this is the right place to introduce myself, admin if so, I apologize.

Long term xpat here in the Middle Kingdom. My wife is local and we have twin daughters, 4 years old.

Pics coming later!!

I never cared so much about leaving China and going back home. It not so simple to do and at my age, being here for such a long time and just not really worried about going back to the USA, but for my little queens. I would like them to have that option.

Therefore, I came here to start reading and speaking to the crew about all the necessary evils in anything to do with passports for the kiddies to the wife getting a visitors visa. (I'd like to take them home for a visit(2-3 months max).

I haven't read much since my arrival(twins are a handful) however, I will do so today. Just after I finish cleaning the table.

This site has been around for a long time. I look forward to hearing from you all.

Peace

Hopefully, you have a CRBA (Consular Report of Birth Abroad) for your kids, if not actually American passports.

They (the American consulates) have been known to give a LITTLE bit of grief to those who wait too long (as in requiring proof of your circumstances).

The CRBA and passports can be acquired without affecting their hukou, if they have one.

Feel free to ask if you have questions.

ya i figured that they would bitch and moan about that but as far as I am concerned. I am not the type of person who needs to follow the crowd and drag my infant children across the country for a piece of paper.

I knew this and really don't mind a bit of hassle. as if it were not a hassle already.

i just was not interested in doing it and had to go home for a bit 2 years ago. so things were just delayed.

well the CRBA and passport applications are done at the same time yea?

ya i figured that they would bitch and moan about that but as far as I am concerned. I am not the type of person who needs to follow the crowd and drag my infant children across the country for a piece of paper. I knew this and really don't mind a bit of hassle. as if it were not a hassle already. i just was not interested in doing it and had to go home for a bit 2 years ago. so things were just delayed. well the CRBA and passport applications are done at the same time yea?

Yes - I'm sure you won't have any trouble, but don't wait TOO long on that in case they do bitch! They've even been known to DENY them to children of naturalized Americans. You MAY need to be able to prove that you had lived in the US for at least 5 years as an American citizen(whether natural born or naturalized)

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/while-abroad/birth-abroad.html

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Welcome to CFL! I lived in China a little over five years, returning to the States in 2003. My last four years was down the coast a bit from where you live. We lived in Shantou, in northeast Guangdong Province. I miss China and wish I could return, but my health won't allow for such an adventure. My wife is also Chinese and we have a daughter who just turned 14. We had been together for five-plus years and four months after returning to the States, Li became pregnant. Our daughter was born in May, 2004. Again, we are glad to have you on board here and you will find a wealth of information, support, and friendship. Best wishes for a great future. Look forward to seeing photos of your twins.

Hi

I am from Chicago originally and we are living in Fujian. The place where it rains so much that the AQI is always about 50.

start about China life? my god, i could write several databases about this. haha

That's about 200 words so far . . .