Your a** is getting on the plane right now

Randy W

forcible attempted private party deportation by vigilante squad - from the Shanghaiist

US flight school employees kidnap Chinese student, try to forcibly deport him back to China

‘Your ass is getting on the plane right now or I’ll break your (bleeping) arm,’ one of the instructors told the student

1*WDQxFP387CKGhuF47yMLxw.jpeg

However, when McConkey and Hoser arrived back at his home the following morning, they did not take no for an answer. Shi said that he was threatened and physically assaulted by McConkey. Fearing for his safety, he eventually agreed to go with the pair who immediately drove him to the Redding Municipal Airport, where he was apparently going to be flown to the Bay Area and put on a flight to China.
Fortunately, during his abduction, Shi managed to alert his brother, living in Shanghai, who then contacted the Redding Police Department and told them about what had happened.
About an hour later, police arrived at the airport where they arrested McConkey and Hoser. Corporal Rob Peterson of Redding police said that Hoser had told officers that they were sending Shi back to China because his English wasn’t good enough to be able to safely communicate with air traffic control.
. . .
IASCO Flight Training appears to specialize in training future Chinese pilots with the the Civil Aviation Authority of China sending up to 180 students to the school, according to its website.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Simply amazing to read this in this day and age...... For some Americans and some Chinese, our society really hasn't moved too far from the racist attitudes reflected by (see my post in this thread) The Chinese Exclusion Act....

I understand the possible safety concerns that a language issue could create, but whatever happened to send him to English class and give him a chance?

Hate to defend the couple (apparently, the wife is Chinese), but submitting fraudulent TOEFL scores (have somebody else take your test) has been very common.

This flight student could have had atrocious English skills.

Maybe. I don't know anything more than what we all read. Note: the reporting never says the kid's English is any good. Other than quoting the opinion of the instructor, never says it's awful either.

But, yeh, if we were allowed to grab people and shove them on a plane to China I'd probably do it once a week.

Not sure what the whole/real story is but I found a slight different story from a Chinese paper online:

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/a/201805/29/WS5b0cb74fa31001b82571cddf.html

In the article it states that, " According to its website, IFT is contracted by the Aviation Authority of China to train 180 student pilots, a program that Shi is also part of.

IFT is currently owned by the Chinese company Jiutian International Flight Academy and provides airline-sponsored and self-sponsored training programs.".

I wonder who was really calling the shots and who was doing the dirty work. It is still wrong how Mr. Shi was treated. Slight off topic , I wonder what language is spoken in Cockpit of a commercial airplane in Chinese airspace. I have read that China will be a lot o pilots in future in China. Danb