Need additional information for IR-1

Hi All,

Thanks for the help last time, my son got his passport and will get his exit visa in two weeks with no issues. For my wife , we sent my tax returns and a letter stating why I get paid in rmb not usd here. I cut/pasted what the consulate wanted below...but I already gave them my last five years of US tax returns (1040) and my chinese tax returns as well. For the domicile we are moving back to my parents Home but I have no property/anything back home sknce I lived/worked here for the past 7 years...so I assume my parents need to sponsor us?

你需要提供下列材料:1) 2017年由IRS 出具的税单。虽然你居住海外,你依然有报税的义务,即使你在海外逗留的时间每年超过360天;2)你需要提供有回国定居的计划的材料证明。你之前所提供的材料仍不充分。

Bill

你需要提供下列材料:1) 2017年由IRS 出具的税单。虽然你居住海外,你依然有报税的义务,即使你在海外逗留的时间每年超过360天;2)你需要提供有回国定居的计划的材料证明。你之前所提供的材料仍不充分。

You need to provide the following materials: 1) Taxes issued by the IRS in 2017. Although you live overseas, you still have the duty to file taxes, even if you spend more than 360 days per year abroad; 2) You need to provide proof of materials for the plan to return to your country. The material you provided previously is still insufficient.

Submit another copy of your 2017 return.

If you haven't submitted plans for a career and/or job search, they can still deny you on that basis.

Hi All,

Thanks for the help last time, my son got his passport and will get his exit visa in two weeks with no issues. For my wife , we sent my tax returns and a letter stating why I get paid in rmb not usd here. I cut/pasted what the consulate wanted below...but I already gave them my last five years of US tax returns (1040) and my chinese tax returns as well. For the domicile we are moving back to my parents Home but I have no property/anything back home sknce I lived/worked here for the past 7 years...so I assume my parents need to sponsor us?

Bill

It may be completely immaterial, but somehow, I can't help but think there might be something behind this letter.Why would you think it is necessary? For any situation I can think of, it's simply a conversion factor between one and the other.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)