Visitor Visa for Fiancee's Family to Attend Wedding

We just got through my fiancee's interview and are very excited to say that it was a success. We plan on getting legally married at the courthouse as soon as we arrive in the U.S., but plan on having a ceremony at a later date. It is very important to both of us that her parents and other family members are able to attend the wedding. All her family members that would be coming have strong attachments to China, own an apartment, car, and all but her aunt have jobs. They shouldn't have any issues obtaining visitor visas, right? and is there anything we should know about applying for their visitor visas?

I tried searching for a post addressing this, but I didn't come up with anything. Forgive me if this has already been posted about.

Thanks for the help as always everyone! Your help really is invaluable!

When my wife got her K-1 we did a wedding reception in her home town, with pretty dress and suit a few days before we flew to the states. Many doing fiancée visas tend to do that so they can have a nice party for friends and family in China, also it softens the blow if family are denied visitors visas.

We then did the legal marriage in the states, and had a reception for my friends and family.

I guess most - if not all - will get a visitor's visa. As you have reckoned, it is more related to chances of an overstay, which will be judged by their connections to their homes.

We did a wedding party in China, and, though her mother wanted to attend a wedding here (other than the courthouse wedding), that has not yet happened due to not fitting into her wedding dress after living in the U.S. for a while! And, a baby, and ...

I would not deny the China family a chance at a wedding in China. Because maybe all who would want to come to the U.S. for the big one will get a visa.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies everyone! I’ll be thumbing through that massive thread for awhile :)

Fortunately, she only cares about her parents, Aunt, and cousin making it to the wedding so I don’t think that’s too big of a hurdled, but who knows! Keeping our fingers crossed!!