Have CRBA , need to get entry stamp for passport

Hi All,

Thanks for the help last time, got the CRBA or consular report of birth abroad and my sons USA passport. But now I need to visit the entry/exit bureau to get the entry stamp on his passport. Does anyone know how that works?

Also my wife is doing her IR-1 and they are asking in addition to many documents any criminal records for when she lived in the states. She only lived there for two years, but does anyone who has dealt with this before had a similar issue?

Thanks in advance for everyone’s help or advice on this.

Bill

Your son was not processed for entry into China - an entry stamp is not possible.

What you need is an exit visa - a little passport-like book which will authorize departure from China. Talk to the PSB about what is required for this. Hopefully, it will include renouncing his Chinese citizenship - until you do so, he will be considered (and treated as) a Chinese citizen. A Chinese citizen cannot get a Chinese visa in their American passport, and will need a Chinese passport, or entry/exit permits for each trip.

If they refuse the exit visa, contact your American consulate for what's known as a pro-forma visitor's visa for their Chinese passports.

American police reports are requested directly by the consulate. Nothing is required from you.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Also my wife is doing her IR-1 and they are asking in addition to many documents any criminal records for when she lived in the states. She only lived there for two years, but does anyone who has dealt with this before had a similar issue?

Thanks in advance for everyone’s help or advice on this.

Bill

Asking for a US Criminal record is highly unusual.

"Note: Present and former residents of the United States do NOT need to submit any U.S. police certificates."

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-5-collect-supporting-documents.html