China Family Residence and Visa

mark89134

When I retire, me and my wife are thinking of living in China, at least part time. She is a Chinese citizen with US permanent residence. Of course, I am a US Citizen. Can I obtain a family visa there and what are some requirements and length of stay? I have heard that US citizens can fairly easily reside in China for a year or longer. Thank you for your advice!

Only issue would be her green card, if you live out of the USA longer than 6 months the government can and often consider it abandonment of residency and revoke the green card. Becomes a choice, where do you want to live as a resident?

Often if intent is to live full time or a long time would be to give the green card up and apply for a visit visa to visit the states and later apply for another spouse visa if intent to move back to the states.

Or the other option is getting US citizenship and then having to deal with getting Chinese residency permits for two.

Study topics tagged Residence Permit

http://candleforlove.com/forums/tags/forums/Residence%2BPermit/

When I retire, me and my wife are thinking of living in China, at least part time. She is a Chinese citizen with US permanent residence. Of course, I am a US Citizen. Can I obtain a family visa there and what are some requirements and length of stay? I have heard that US citizens can fairly easily reside in China for a year or longer. Thank you for your advice!

Applying for a China Residence Permit

You can easily revoke her green card, and switch to a 10 year tourist visa to travel to the U.S. whenever you want.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Only issue would be her green card, if you live out of the USA longer than 6 months the government can and often consider it abandonment of residency and revoke the green card. Becomes a choice, where do you want to live as a resident?

Often if intent is to live full time or a long time would be to give the green card up and apply for a visit visa to visit the states and later apply for another spouse visa if intent to move back to the states.

Or the other option is getting US citizenship and then having to deal with getting Chinese residency permits for two.

Study topics tagged Residence Permit

http://candleforlove.com/forums/tags/forums/Residence%2BPermit/

Thank you very much! I had not thought of her green card situation.

You can easily revoke her green card, and switch to a 10 year tourist visa to travel to the U.S. whenever you want.

Thank you very much! I believe we may opt to live in both countries part time.

Thank you very much! I believe we may opt to live in both countries part time.

Don't forget the Q2 visa option for yourself - 10 years, with up to 180 days per stay