Nothing from the National Visa Center

Hi everyone,

I received my NOA2 finally on 2/23/18, but still have yet to receive anything from the NVC. The timelines on visajourney seem to indicate that I should have heard something by now, so I’m starting to get a little anxious. Anyone have any insight? Or suggestions on what I should do?

Thanks!!

Hi There!

The NVC is notoriously bad for letting folks know what's going on. You have to bug them, and the best way to do that is to call them. In the past, the phone lines opened up at 7:00 AM, and I found the best time for me to call them was at about that time. I would actually start calling at 6:55 or so, and when I got the message that they opened at 7:00, I'd hang up and call again. If it's busy, hang up and dial again, and again. Then select the options to talk to a representative. The wait time was in between 5 and 15 minutes, usually.Have all your data ready from the NOA2, your wife's birthday, etc.

Before they'll do anything, you have to pay the fees and fill out the DS-261 online. Check their website for the status of these payments. Once they say that the status is paid (it took about 1 week for me to see it changed to "Paid") Then this will start the 60-day clock. You should have your appointment set up for the interview by then, or get an RFE to take care of. But call them, every few days. For me, they told me that the Package was accepted, and within 2-3 days, they told me my interview date. Then a few days later, I got the email with the interview date, and instructions.. You won't get anything else from them unless you bug them for it.

That was my experience at least. your mileage may vary :)

Warren

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

I received my NOA2 finally on 2/23/18, but still have yet to receive anything from the NVC. The timelines on visajourney seem to indicate that I should have heard something by now, so I’m starting to get a little anxious. Anyone have any insight? Or suggestions on what I should do?

Thanks!!

Call or email them and ask about case status.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/national-visa-center/nvc-contact-information.html

Probably will need USCIS case number and DOB of both petitioner and benificiary.

Hi y'all! Thanks for the help! I'm about to give them a call! I was under the impression that with the K-1 I didn't need to submit any additional payment to the NVC at this time. Am I correct in assuming this?

Correct, K-1 petition is basically passed on to the consualte in Guangzhou.

The next part of the process you will be doing paperwork and setting appointmenton the travel doc website.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/cn/index.html

Great! Thanks dnoblett! We're waiting to hear from the consulate at this point. She should expect something to come from the consulate in the mail correct? If so, we actually need to change the address it was sent to from the one on our original K-1...

I-129F Part 4 offers a line for email address, they may email you instructions using this email address.

Also can contact consulate via email to update them on contact.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/cn/cn-main-contactus.asp#ContactInformation