renewal of chinese passport in Houston

Ok my wife has to renew her chinese passport,we live in Florida so we have to make a trip to Houston,the consulate website very lacking in the info department at least in the english version....so we get to Houston submit old passport,photos etc,how do we get her new passport back? we can't stay in Houston for a long period of time,we both work,for what i understand they do not mail them back to you...has anyone renewed there wife passport at Houston recently?....second question, my wife is telling me consulate officers will be in Florida in November for passport renewal, she has no idea what date and the consulate website makes no mention of this,has anyone heard about this,or where to find this information?,perhaps this is just some hearsay my wife picked up among friends. Thanks for any insight someone can give me

Hey, jimi!

The passport renewal information, including dates when they will be in Florida, will be in Chinese on the consulate's website.

You may submit a pre-paid self-addressed mailer (I believe they can take either USPS or FedEx) to have the passport mailed back to you.

yeah it's been a while since i been on here,every once in awhile i will lurk on here and read some posts,but yeah the storm didn't do us bad at all,some down trees,the electric remained on for the whole event....was telling the wife seemed our luck had changed,as some folks in our neighbor have been without power,we were lucky we have power.