China deploys 150,00 troops to No. Korean Border

The Huff Post seems to think it may be to "handle potential refugees and 'unforeseen circumstances'"

China Increasing Troops On North Korean Border

By Hong Soon-do, Beijing correspondent, AsiaToday

In this situation, we must pay attention to the training for the flood of North Korean refugees. Currently, the training is said to be conducted mainly in Yanbian Korean Autonomous Prefecture in Jilin Province and Dandong of Liaoning Province. Sources say that the training is primarily aimed to stop North Korean refugees from pouring in, but it’s also preparing for the worst case if the situation goes out of control. The tension in the North Korean border is actually becoming a reality.

• Like 1

I am not finding any corroboration for that daily mail article.

Would assume China has any number of plans that would settle down the situation in NK. Including making US intervention redundant.

I mean, wouldn't you want to have more control of the outcome than to leave it to chance?

I am not finding any corroboration for that daily mail article.

Would assume China has any number of plans that would settle down the situation in NK. Including making US intervention redundant.

I mean, wouldn't you want to have more control of the outcome than to leave it to chance?

There's quite a few articles, but they pretty much say the same thing. The HuffPost article was the one that jumped off the page at me as having some original content.

But, yes - still nothing very authoritative.

There has been a lot written about Chinese troops along the border. I posted a few on the other forum. It seems to be true that the CHinese are having to deal with NK refugees already, but also NK troops crossing the border and actually robbing banks in China. I will try and shake down the article. And there are books too. Some describe the barbarity going on in NK and how the Chinese are ending up the real policemen there. In the event of war, there will be Chinese casualties. A lot of them.