Form needed for Parents Retirement

C4Racer

Not sure if this is the best forum to ask. It does not belong in consulate or citizenship forums. We brought my wife's parents to live with us. They have been here since November of 2009. My wife told me today there is a form her parents need to fill out. We believe this should be gotten at the Chinese Consulate in San Francisco. She has been trying to call them for the last week.

She said, the form is to confirm they are still alive. Once they fill out and submit the form, they will continue to get retirement. It is important to get this done as soon as possible.

The question is: Is this form something we must get from the consulate? Are they the proper place to submit? Any one know where we can get the form? It has been rather hard to get it from them as they don't answer the phone? Could she be calling the wrong number? Any help someone could give will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

I can't answer specifically, but you may need to contact authorities in their home town. Going through the consulate may take MUCH longer, if it is at all possible.

I suspect it's a form specific to their own retirement plan.

Hopefully, someone else will have a better answer.

This is from the Global Times (but seems to be concerning expats who worked in China) - Can I get the money I paid into my Chinese pension back when I leave China?

This may be more applicable to what you are asking, if it applies to Chinese citizens as well (also from the Global Times) -

How do I get social security and a public pension in China?
Foreigners can still receive their pension even if they leave China after retiring, although it needs to be paid into a Chinese bank account, and the pensioners must undergo an annual verification in order to keep the payments coming in, which would require an annual visit to China.