mother inlaw to visit The US

my wife told me yesterday that she wants her mother to visit even if she is on temporary green card status . i told her sure . what are the step need to be taken? is it the same as if i went to china ? i know she will need an invitation letter.

thanks

No such thing as a temporary green card, unless you mean the visa stamp in passport before getting the actual card in the mal. A green card holder is a Lawful a PERMANENT Resident "LPR", a two year conditional status is just a period of time living together to prove marriage is legitimate, but the green card status is still permanent, just with conditions.

As for getting a B-2 visit visa for mum to visit, mum will apply for it online and schedule an interview to a consulate, you can provide an invite letter and affidavit of support I-134.

See topics tagged B-2 http://candleforlove.com/forums/tags/forums/B-2/

Only thing I would add is you can fill out the application online for your mother-in-law. We were able to do it for my father-in-law in one night (which conveniently is during the day in China) with my wife's cousin helping out going to CITC bank to pay the fee. All my father-in-law had to do was go to the interview. He has been here twice so far.