Dear Mam or Sir,

I will be taking my wife and step-daughter to Guangzhou next week for their immigration interview. I have searched for a specific answer to the following question but can't find it. My confusion is this:

I filed two separate petitions, one for my wife and one for my 15 years old step-daughter. I am now currently filling out two separate I-864 forms. Since I am using my wife and my assets, should my wife fill out a form I-864A? One of her U.S. based accounts are exclusively in her name. I want to use our assets on the I-864 since I have no U.S. based income. I might have a sponsor lined up but want to try to avoid it if possible.

Also, I am wondering how much a job offer really helps. I am in China and am luck enough to have received an offer in the United States.

Thank you so much for all of your help on this site. I have been reading this information for almost 2 years and am grateful!

Dear Mam or Sir,

I will be taking my wife and step-daughter to Guangzhou next week for their immigration interview. I have searched for a specific answer to the following question but can't find it. My confusion is this:

I filed two separate petitions, one for my wife and one for my 15 years old step-daughter. I am now currently filling out two separate I-864 forms. Since I am using my wife and my assets, should my wife fill out a form I-864A? One of her U.S. based accounts are exclusively in her name. I want to use our assets on the I-864 since I have no U.S. based income. I might have a sponsor lined up but want to try to avoid it if possible.

Also, I am wondering how much a job offer really helps. I am in China and am luck enough to have received an offer in the United States.

Thank you so much for all of your help on this site. I have been reading this information for almost 2 years and am grateful!

The Visa Officer, by law, will make a determination of whether your spouse may or may not become a "public charge" in the US, above and beyond the information in your I-864. Your job offer may just carry more weight than what is in the I-864.

For the I-864 for your wife, you can include the income and assets of your wife in your household income and assets without her filling I-864A because she is the intending immigrant for that I-864.

For the I-864 for your step-child, your wife is not the intending immigrant, so she would have to be a "household member" and fill out an I-864A in order for you to include her income and assets in your household income and assets.

• 2 weeks later...