Just 2 more questions before i send it

Hi there to all of you, I had been silent for the past days as I had been gathering all the required docs to be sent along with the I-129F. I did hired a lawyer anyway and as I was going thru the paperwork last friday, I noticed she misspelled the city where my boyfriend was born (substituted a "d" for a "g" in the G325A. She said it's not a big deal. I noticed also that when she printed the form the wording got printed out a little away from the appropriate spaces. Do you guys think it will matter at all? I don't have any other form signed by my boyfriend, which means that if I decide to get a new one from him, some time will be lost. I am anxiously awaiting your comments!!!!

Hi there to all of you, I had been silent for the past days as I had been gathering all the required docs to be sent along with the I-129F. I did hired a lawyer anyway and as I was going thru the paperwork last friday, I noticed she misspelled the city where my boyfriend was born (substituted a "d" for a "g"  in the G325A. She said it's not a big deal.  I noticed also that when she printed the form the wording got printed out a little away from the appropriate spaces.  Do you guys think it will matter at all? I don't have any other form signed by my boyfriend, which means that if I decide to get a new one from him, some time will be lost. I am anxiously awaiting your comments!!!!

IMHO for what a lawyer cost the forms should be perfect. Those are fillable forms and if things don't fit then just put it on a continuation sheet.

It sounds like your lawyer used a type writer or a form filler program to fill in forms, which is lame either way since the G-325 is a fillable form and for $50 you can buy software to allow you to save the filled forms.

How far off are the letters can it cause any confusion. I lean on the side of being safe, remember it is not the lawyer that has to wait, they get paid if you get RFE'd or not. Sorry if I sound bad but I did my own packet and my forms were perfect.

If you are really worried the easy thing to do is buy adobe approval fill out the forms and save them, email them to him, have him sign them, and send it back express mail takes less then 2 weeks.

I agree with Darrell. Unless there are extenuating circumstances a lawyer is a waste of money for the K-1 visa. You still have to gather up all the information. All the lawyer does is fill out a form you can do yourself. It should be perfect. Make the attorney do it over.

The worst thing about it is that I did filled out the forms in pdf format in a perfect way, and most of the docs were copied by me. I noticed that I ran out of space in a few fields,in which case I know I should use a continuation sheet, but in some way I felt safer doing it with a lawyer. She did used some special software, and she mentioned it's a new one and she's still not so familiarized with it. I will ask my boyfriend to fill out a new one and send it to me at once (5 days delay only). Another question: what should I write in the last box of the G-325A for my boyfriend where it says: APPLICANT: BE SURE TO PUT YOUR NAME AND ALIEN REGISTRATION NUMBER IN THE BOX OUTLINED BY HEAVY BORDER BELOW. His name or mine???? Thank you so much for your help, you all are great!!!!

Thanks so much to all of you my friends, tomorrow I''ll be ready to start the ordeal, but I know I'm not alone, only you guys know how it feels. I''ll post my timeline and hope to be one of the rare exceptions. I am really grateful for your support, can't think of any other site for it. :P

What is it that will take two weeks to get ? His signature?Why?

No where in the instructions or documents does it say it has to be an original signature. Make a copy of the signature and paste it where it needs to be and make a copy of the completed form with his signature pasted in the required space it comes out perfect never had a question about it and why not there is nothing that says you cannot do this even the address in Chinese is doable this way. I am assumimg you have his signature in Chinese and English if not let him send you a attachement via e-mail with it.. Do not make this harder for yourself then it already is..

Mike :P