There are two locations to file the 1-130, one for inside US, one for outside U.S.

My son had to back to China , since he needs to finish his master degree. He will come back to visit soon. I wonder if he can file the 1-130 and g-325a to the location of inside U.S , because he doesn't work in u.s , does he have to file the application to the location of outside U.S? ? Is there any difference ?

I hope he filed an I-131 for a reentry permit, extended periods away from the USA can and often does get the green-card revoked.

As for filing address he should still be claiming residence and domicile address as your USA address, so should be filing the I-130 to the USCIS address based on his USA domicile address.

If present job is last job abroad, then fill it in there too.

But they are still working in the present jobs in China.

Then note it in both places, yes it seems redundant.

Also note, if he is working overseas, this can be seen as not maintaining residence in the USA, the green-card is all about residing in the USA as a permanent resident.

on the top of the first page says File number, Is File Number as same as Alien Registration Number??.

On your son's G-325A, yes he can put his A#, however on his wife's, she can note "NONE" or leave blank, since she does not have an A#

I read people talked about barcode in form 1-130 and G-325A. We didn't see any barcode in both forms. Do they still put barcodes in the form ?

I read people talked about barcode in form 1-130 and G-325A. We didn't see any barcode in both forms. Do they still put barcodes in the form ?

Download and open it using Adobe Reader. Google Chrome browser has a problem with the codes.

The G-325A does not have a barcode.

I-864 does have a code as well later the DS-260 done when requested by NVC

• 2 weeks later...

on the top of the first page says File number, Is File Number as same as Alien Registration Number??.

On your son's G-325A, yes he can put his A#, however on his wife's, she can note "NONE" or leave blank, since she does not have an A#

On my son's G-325A, all questions about applicant except the first section. Does it mean all questions about Applicant he should fill out with his wife's information?

On my son's G-325A, all questions about applicant except the first section. Does it mean all questions about Applicant he should fill out with his wife's information?

No, There will be two G-325A forms used, one for him, and one for her, his form will have all his info, and her form will have all her info. The line Current Husband or Wife will of course mention the other party.