Name Change after marriage

I saw in a post that for some their wife took their husbands last name and used her family name as her middle name. My wife future wife wants to do the same. We are marrying next month and want to know is there any thing I should do for name change, to make that process go smoothly? Like before submitting the I-130 . I was wondering if there was something we should do in China for the name change on marriage certificate? Then what about when filling out I-130? Passport change or not.ect. Any advise would be appreciated. Maybe some one could share step by step how and when they did it...Thank you

In my wife's case she came here on a K-1, and we married in the USA, my county allows designating how name will be on the marriage license and certificate, we then used this when applying to adjust status to get green-card which showed married name (Given (Middle chinese family name) and our family name)

My wife did not bother trying to change name in her Chinese passport even when renewing it a couple years later, so any travel requiring use of passport we simply booked air travel using the name as shown in passport.

Later when she naturalized, she applied for her USA passport using married name.

As for China, the common practice is to keep maiden name, most do not take husband's family name, but this would be a question for the Notary office where the marriage would be registered and marriage (Red Book) would be issued.

In Colorado, there is no place on the license or certificate to put a new name. We also married on a K1. The clerk said go over to SS and they can start your name change.

Social Security gladly accepted the name change. Common law in CO allows that she just start using her new name and that will be sufficient. I understand Bureau of Motor Vehicles won't recognize it until they can see it on two documents. But, that is all we need or can do here.

In your case it may be a matter of doing it legally in your state after arrival and then dealing with changing things like green-card, SSN etc...

I remember another member ending up doing that.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/42482-first-name-change-order-of-operations/

See topics tagged Name Change: http://candleforlove.com/forums/tags/forums/Name%2BChange/

Yes I know it would be easy once here no problem. I thought I heard someone say they did it right away at marriage in China. So when they did Petition that the green card and SSI card had the name they planned on using. Not so much a big deal, just thought if she was going to do it anyway why not right away if it was possible. Maybe I heard it on VJ I posted the same question there maybe someone on there will know or have done that....