Question about Birth Certificate for Spouse for CR-1

Hello Community !

I see that the Chinese spouse Birth Certificate is now not required when filling out the I-130, according the guide section on this forum. Will we need one later on in the CR-1 process? Also what is the recommended number of translated notarized copies ( white books ) you all suggest for the divorce and marriage documents? What about the fees for these pre copy? How many days does it usually take to have them translated and notarized?

Yes not needed birth cert when filing the I-130 petition it will be requested later by NVC and/or the consulate. You will need to send an ordinary photocopy of marriage and divorce certs with the I-130

Just one copy of each document for the consulate and perhaps extra copies to bring to the USA for later uses, typically extra ones of the Birth Cert, Marriage Cert and Divorce Cert.

Note they are not "notarized" they are from the Notary Offices in China.

The only document you may want to hold off getting until around the time USCIS approves the I-130 is the police cert.

Yes not needed birth cert when filing the I-130 petition it will be requested later by NVC and/or the consulate. You will need to send an ordinary photocopy of marriage and divorce certs with the I-130

Just one copy of each document for the consulate and perhaps extra copies to bring to the USA for later uses, typically extra ones of the Birth Cert, Marriage Cert and Divorce Cert.

Note they are not "notarized" they are from the Notary Offices in China.

The only document you may want to hold off getting until around the time USCIS approves the I-130 is the police cert.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.. So the white books will be what we get from the notary office? About how much can I expect to pay for the translations and white books each? Do you know about the turn around time? Thanks for the previous fast reply.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.. So the white books will be what we get from the notary office? About how much can I expect to pay for the translations and white books each? Do you know about the turn around time? Thanks for the previous fast reply.

A while back: http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/46219-how-many-notarized-copies-of-the-white-book-to-get/?p=605608