Case status changed before interview

Hey there HotBaozi,

That's how it worked for me. It showed Admin processing until the Visa was granted at the interview, then it changed to "Issued" 2 days later. From there, it stayed at "Issued".

From there on in, I checked the CGI Stanley site, but they don't update very often. Case in point - the passport tracker for Yifang shows it has left the consulate, and is being processed for delivery. Yifang received the visa package last night, and the CGI Stanley site still says that it is being processed for delivery. Now, this is for delivery to her home - it might be better at the CITIC bank locations, but I've read here that it is a good idea to contact your CITIC bank branch to see if the visa package is actually there. Folks relate instances where the CGI Stanley site hasn't updated, and the visa package is actually at the bank.

Got my fingers crossed for ya, buddy!

Warren

Wow, thanks Warren. I was freaking this morning after seeing that so you've really blessed us with good news. My wife also confirmed what you said with Eunice in China. Congrats to you and your family on the successful interview.

My wife's interview is January 5, so we're sitting on pins and needles now

Coming up fast!

I fully understand the pins n needles thing. I was a wreck while I was waiting outside.

:sweating_buckets:

But you've got all your ducks in a row, man. For Yifang's interview, we were WAY over-prepared, but the interviewers on either side of her were grilling the applicants pretty hard. You've got all the documentation, and it sounds as if your sweetie is well prepared also. I predict smooth sailing!

Wow, thanks Warren. I was freaking this morning after seeing that so you've really blessed us with good news. My wife also confirmed what you said with Eunice in China. Congrats to you and your family on the successful interview.

My wife's interview is January 5, so we're sitting on pins and needles now

How long has it been taking from the time the petition is successful to the time they invite you to schedule an interview? Good luck by the way! January 5th is the same day I'll be going to GUZ to petition for my wife.

Hi Nathan,

It sounds like you are doing a DCF?

For one submitted in the US, from the USCIS approval of the I-130, to the letter from the NVC scheduling their interview, my wife and stepson's packages took about 2 months. The NOA2 was in August 14, and I received the Interview letter on October 22.

But a DCF is different. It skips some of the steps that are done in the US-submitted process.

I have seen time from filing an I-130 at the consulate to being contacted to do the DS-260 in the neighborhood of 2 to 4 months (DCF) then perhaps a month or so after doing the DS-260 is typically timing for an interview.