https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/a-decade-into-a-project-to-digitize-us-immigration-forms-just-1-is-online/2015/11/08/f63360fc-830e-11e5-a7ca-6ab6ec20f839_story.html?tid=sm_tw

Has anyone tried to use the online form to renew a greencard? Though they don't mention you can update your address online if you are a green card holder but not an I-865 sponsor (or is it vice-versa?). Gives you the reason why.

:rotfl: Good one Beachey, I like a good laugh with my corn flakes. Another billion tax dollars flushed down the terlet. Like a Navy officer told me once, as we were setting up to clean 400 fabric covered chairs at Bethesda Naval Hospital...."Charge what you want to, it's the government, its all about waste, greed, and corruption." Candid sort of fella, he was. And burned out with the system, too. :victory:

Total testament to government run operations, and they want to run things like healthcare.

After the IRS making it easy for hackers to get your transcripts with sensitive data, I am not surprised.

As a taxpayer, I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I am convinced that the having Government handle anything is usually the least efficient slowest most expensive way to do anything.

The county government has been working on a flat 6 mile stretch of the main road between my home and my job for 3 1/2 years now with another 2 1/2 years to go. I drive by everyday and see thousands of dollars of barricades and construction equipment while 20 supervisors watch/supervise 2 guys digging with shovels.

I saw similar road projects both started and completed in China in 6 weeks total, whereas our local folks are taking 6 years. In the meantime a new 120 store mall built privately was completed in less than 9 months.

True Blue

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/a-decade-into-a-project-to-digitize-us-immigration-forms-just-1-is-online/2015/11/08/f63360fc-830e-11e5-a7ca-6ab6ec20f839_story.html?tid=sm_tw

Has anyone tried to use the online form to renew a greencard? Though they don't mention you can update your address online if you are a green card holder but not an I-865 sponsor (or is it vice-versa?). Gives you the reason why.

My wife applied for a new 10 year greencard online about 4 weeks ago and paid the fee online. She received the notice to do the biometrics after about two weeks and had them done yesterday. Smooth so far. I'm surprised the only form they have ready is this one after the huge expense and time. That's the gubmint for you.